2019-2020 SUNY Downstate Application Cycle

Did anyone who phone interviewed receive an acceptance yet? Previously I know after the interview if people were offered a seat it seemed to be anywhere from ~4 days at the earliest to 14 days after interview but now with them working remotely, this might be longer?

I phone interviewed on 3/16 and I have not heard back yet as of 3/20. 

1 hour ago, Njohnson92 said:

Did anyone who phone interviewed receive an acceptance yet? Previously I know after the interview if people were offered a seat it seemed to be anywhere from ~4 days at the earliest to 14 days after interview but now with them working remotely, this might be longer?

I phone interviewed on 3/16 and I have not heard back yet as of 3/20. 

Hey I interviewed first week March and haven’t heard back. I followed up and was told it would take minimum three weeks.

32 minutes ago, Njohnson92 said:

Great- thanks so much. Seems like I was the only person phone interviewed 🙄  Now they are doing interview via Zoom..... hope this doesn't really hurt my chances. 

I think I was the last set of in person interviews! Don’t stress too much -it was completely out of your control! Wish you all the best 🙂

• Like 1

Hey guys, my application got sent to the office of admission within the first week of January. Super nervous because I really wanna go here. For those of you who recently had an interview by means of in-person or voice call, could you please share when your application got sent to the admissions officer? Thank you so much in advance, and I wish everyone the best of luck!

29 minutes ago, evayousef said:

no i havent

I just had my interview. It was only one person. They send u a link to the zoom meeting 15 minutes before your appointment. The questions they asked were along the theme of getting to know you, so it was pretty relaxed and not intense at all. Good luck!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Sharonnnn said:

I just had my interview. It was only one person. They send u a link to the zoom meeting 15 minutes before your appointment. The questions they asked were along the theme of getting to know you, so it was pretty relaxed and not intense at all. Good luck!

Congrats on the interview! If you don't mind me asking, when was your application forwarded to the program?

5 hours ago, Sharonnnn said:

Did they tell you when you would hear back?

• Like 1

On 4/5/2020 at 9:46 PM, evayousef said:

Hey guys just wondering if anyone was interviewed via zoom? How many interviewers? How were the questions? Thanks!

I recently interviewed via ZOOM. I had one interviewer and she was extremely sweet and made me feel very comfortable . The interview was about an hour and half long. I was asked a lot of questions. Most questions were common interview questions , such as, what is the hardest class you took and how did you overcome it? What is the biggest sacrifice you've made in your personal life? Why our program? Describe a situation in which you faced an ethical conflict, etc. 

• Like 1