2 Job Quagmire ...help

So I accepted two full time jobs around the same time. One at an urgent care center and another at an ED hospital. I'm in the long process of getting credentialed for the hospital, before I can work. Currently, I've been working at the Urgent care for less than a month. My original goal when i accepted both positions was to work full time with the urgent care and switch to part time/prn once i was fully credentialed at the hospital. Now the urgent care is a lot higher in volume(avg 37-45 per day) and acuity than what i was told during my interview(20-25). Also i am the only provider. Needless to say I do not feel comfortable working there.

I reached out to my clinical director at the UC and told her I didn't feel comfortable with that volume and acuity, and would like to become part-time/prn at X location. She told me that opportunity was no longer available, and I should reach out to my SP and other medical providers over the phone if I need help with cases and utilize uptodate. I do all of the above already, and it is not always feasible when the clinic is busy.

The ED position is in the process of finalizing my credentialing and I should start orientation in the next week. I would like to resign from the current UC position, but my contract states 90 day notice. I'm not sure what the ramifications will be if I leave without a 90 day notice?  Any advice on what to do?

3 hours ago, Fruityapples said:

My term sheet states that "I'm at will" and  the contract states that either party can terminate without cause with prior 90 day written notice 

Usually if it says "without cause" this means you are no longer "at will". You must give 90 days notice before leaving or you are in breach of contract. Look for any "liquidating damages" for breaching contract. Also, look for a "probationary period", if this is a recent contract you may still be in one, and leaving soon could release you from any non-compete clauses, etc. 

4 hours ago, Lightspeed said:

Uptodate and a phone call to an SP certainly isn’t going to get more than 3 patients through an urgent care every hour (and that’s without taking a lunch. What do these places think they are doing? Holy cow. You’ve got to be working 12’s, right OP? 

It's a meat grinder assembly line.

On 7/21/2019 at 3:50 AM, Lightspeed said:

Uptodate and a phone call to an SP certainly isn’t going to get more than 3 patients through an urgent care every hour (and that’s without taking a lunch. What do these places think they are doing? Holy cow. You’ve got to be working 12’s, right OP?

I work in a very reasonable UC and my department admin thinks 50 a day every day, day after day is a perfectly reasonable goal but also thinks we never say "enough" no matter how many walk in the door.. My medical director quit because these bean head bean counters wouldn't listen to anything he had to say. And please let me repeat for emphasis...this is a pretty good group where they are concerned about evidence based medicine and stopping the over prescribing of antibiotics and steroids.