2019-2020 cycle

On 11/9/2019 at 6:09 AM, SalZuri said:

Hey guys! Here's a little feedback from the Knoxville interview:

- Everyone there is absolutely wonderful! It was probably the least stressful interview I've ever done.

- The interview consists of a panel interview with faculty and local PAs and activities. I don't want to go into more detail than that but the activities are very simple and nothing to stress over.

- The rest of the day is presentations about the program, Q&A, a provided lunch, and campus tour.

- They do rolling admissions but plan to interview all the way into March.

My thoughts on the program: It looks absolutely fantastic! While it's a new program it looks like they're drawing on experience from the Harrogate program and adding the twist of a surgery focus and in-depth cadaver curriculum. Speaking of which, it's likely one of the most robust cadaver opportunities available at a PA school and includes 3 semesters in the lab, a full dissection, and performing procedures (they mentioned a gallbladder and appendix removal). The campus is a renovated office building and is shared with their DO program, but there is plenty of space (even a PA only lounge) and something like +20 fantastic simulation rooms with the latest tech in them. The one big reservation I have about the program is that they are currently not accredited. They said they will be receiving their provisional accreditation confirmation in July of next year (start date in Oct), but I'm concerned because that is after the start date of many PA schools and, while I feel there is a <1% chance that they don't get it, it's still a huge issue if it doesn't work out. Over all I was very impressed with the program and staff and am eagerly waiting to hear back.

Best of luck to everyone else!

Thank you for the awesome insight!!

For the Knoxville interview, how much walking is there? I’m trying to decide what kind of shoes to wear. I think my suit looks best with heels but if there’s a ton of walking I’ll opt fot flats 

I hate heels and I was fine wearing heels. It’s not a lot of walking at all. You tour the building, if you can comfortably walk up stairs in heels, you’ll be great. I brought a pair of flats just in case, but didn’t use them. Definitely recommend heels with a suit. Hope this helps.

1 hour ago, MAK009 said:

For the Knoxville interview, how much walking is there? I’m trying to decide what kind of shoes to wear. I think my suit looks best with heels but if there’s a ton of walking I’ll opt fot flats 

The campus is literally a renovated 2 story office building, not like a traditional college campus. The tour was about 30min but mostly talking and looking at the simulation rooms, lunch area, etc (all inside).

Edited by SalZuri
  • Like 1

Hi everyone, I gave up my seat at the Harrogate campus, so hopefully someone who has not heard anything or has yet to interview will be offered acceptance in my place. I really liked this program and was very excited for the opportunity, but I received acceptance to a school much closer to home. Good luck everyone!

• Like 1

I just got an email for an invitation to the Knoxville Campus interview on January 23rd. Any pointers on what to expect, this is my first interview EVER for PA school and am excited, yet nervous all at the same time! Anyone else going on the 23rd of January!?

If you scroll up there’s a very detailed overview of the Knoxville interview. It’s very laid back and you’ll do great! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

If you scroll up there’s a very detailed overview of the Knoxville interview. It’s very laid back and you’ll do great! :)

Thank you! I did manage to go back up and read the post about the interview, saw it after I posted. I was too excited to look! Lol

• Like 1