2019-2020 cycle

13 minutes ago, positivelyPAJordan said:

I'm on the waitlist for Knoxville, interviewed January 23.  Keeping positive!  Does Knoxville call it a waitlist and Harrogate call it an alternate list??  Is there a difference on how waitlists and alternate list offer seats?

Hi! I interviewed at both Harrogate and Knoxville. The way they explained the alternate list to me at Harrogate is that if you’re placed on that list, every time they do a fresh batch of interviews, they compare those new candidates with the alternate list candidates and choose their next batch of admits from that collective pool. I don’t think it’s a “one person declines, so we go to the next person on the list” deal. Not entirely sure about Knox but I bet that’s it’s more of the traditional filling the empty seat as they go. That being said, they may wait until their interviews are done to send out offers for their waitlist so don’t give up hope!

• Like 2

On 2/15/2020 at 9:27 AM, cjedwards said:

Hi is anyone interviewing of the 28th do this month? 

On 2/17/2020 at 1:51 PM, Alines said:

@cjedwards I have an interview the 28th!

On 2/18/2020 at 5:16 PM, coupbroa said:

I am interviewing on the 28th at Knoxville! Super excited!

I'm interviewing there on the 28th, too! I'm really looking forward to it and I cant wait to meet you there!

43 minutes ago, Sammyy1216 said:

How big is the Knoxville class going to be ? And how many spots are still available (if anyone has any idea)? 

The cohort is going to be approx. 60 from what they said. There are currently ~30 people in the Facebook group (though I doubt everyone who's been accepted is in it since it's based out of this forum afaik).

There was only one panel.

52 minutes ago, coupbroa said:

Is there a dinner the night before the jnterview? Like a meet and greet?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No, I've been to three interviews so far and only one of them had a meet & greet the night before. The school with the pre-interview social gathering sent very detailed directions for the event. In my experience, it was a nice touch but it doesn't change the overall feel of the interview day and it can even add extra pressure in some ways due to the presence of your interviewers always being in the back of your mind.

This interview day looks like it is going to be pretty straight-forward and I trust SalZuri when he says it's relatively stress-free. Depending on how early you arrive, there should be a good amount of time to get to know the other applicants. I plan to be there about 45 minutes early, if not sooner. If you see me, I'd be happy for you to say hello. I'm admittedly feeling a bit of the nerves building up and I'd be grateful to start the day out with a somewhat familiar person to chat with.

16 hours ago, geoffrpowell said:

No, I've been to three interviews so far and only one of them had a meet & greet the night before. The school with the pre-interview social gathering sent very detailed directions for the event. In my experience, it was a nice touch but it doesn't change the overall feel of the interview day and it can even add extra pressure in some ways due to the presence of your interviewers always being in the back of your mind.

This interview day looks like it is going to be pretty straight-forward and I trust SalZuri when he says it's relatively stress-free. Depending on how early you arrive, there should be a good amount of time to get to know the other applicants. I plan to be there about 45 minutes early, if not sooner. If you see me, I'd be happy for you to say hello. I'm admittedly feeling a bit of the nerves building up and I'd be grateful to start the day out with a somewhat familiar person to chat with.

I will be there early as well so I will see you there! 

• Like 1

On 3/3/2020 at 11:31 AM, SamanthaMackk said:

Has anyone from the alternate list at Harrogate heard back?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not yet. Someone in the previous replies mentioned that alternates may hear back this month. Fingers crossed🤞 just slowly going crazy waiting😅

• Like 2

Has anyone heard back this week from the 2/28 Knoxville LMU campus? It's been a full two weeks. Is it too soon to call the school next week and ask? 

I don’t think anybody has heard back yet! The school might be waiting because of everything that’s going on with COVID. Hopefully next week!

Hey y’all and good luck!! 
There was a 3/12 group of interviews, but due to COVID19 stuff we had to do it over videoconferencing. I’m sure they’ve been crazy busy dealing with all that and so that’s probably why the 2/28 group has not heard back yet. The last videoconference interview day is tomorrow, so fingers crossed for everyone! Hope that update helps ease some minds. 

• Like 2