• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
14 hours ago, Phoenixfire24 said:

Hey Guys,

I am just now finishing my first semester at South. It is a great program. Let me know if you have any questions about the program.

hi! @Phoenixfire24! I was wondering when you heard back from the program about getting an interview and when your interview took place. Thx! Glad you are having a great experience

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/15/2019 at 9:43 AM, cbeaullieu said:

hi! @Phoenixfire24! I was wondering when you heard back from the program about getting an interview and when your interview took place. Thx! Glad you are having a great experience

I received my interview invite at the beginning of October for the November 2nd interview. I got my acceptance call a few days before Thanksgiving.  It is a fantastic program though.  They do really care about you as a person and as a student and want to see you succeed. 

Edited by Phoenixfire24
  • Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

I ended up attending a different PA program, but I did interview and get accepted to this program. I submitted my application earl June.I was notified about an interview in November. The interview took place in December. I was notified of status a week after my interview. I was wait listed and later accepted in March. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Does anyone know what is the percentage of out of state students that they take of the 40 participants?

I’m sorry, I’m not sure on that. I can tell you that when I interviewed there previously applicants I spoke to were from several states. I recall California, Texas, Florida, and Tennessee. I do know they reserve 10 of the 40 seats for veterans.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4 hours ago, jlthornt said:

I’m sorry, I’m not sure on that. I can tell you that when I interviewed there previously applicants I spoke to were from several states. I recall California, Texas, Florida, and Tennessee. I do know they reserve 10 of the 40 seats for veterans.

How do you know about the 10 seats for veterans? Is that posted some where?

How do you know about the 10 seats for veterans? Is that posted some where?

It’s on their website. Or at least it was in 2016-2017. I interviewed then and 10 seats were reserved for veterans. Was told if all 10 weren’t filled after interviews they would open them up to the non-veteran interviewees.

I’m a current first year PA student at USA, as well. We only have 1 veteran and 1 other active/reserves student...so I don’t know that they are “reserved” necessarily...not sure. But they’re moving up to 60 students this year, so there will be like 6 interview dates and about 180 students interviewed. The first interview date is a few weeks away, I’m not sure if they’ve sent any invites yet. I got my invite in late October for November 9. Good luck to all of you, we look forward to meeting you! 

Also, we have probably 10 or so from service areas (MS, FL) and maybe 5-8 that are paying out of state, I think. Also there’s a lot of movement that happens, so if you get waitlisted, don’t worry! I was waitlisted until March and got in. I think close to half of our class was waitlisted 😅

Edited by AmandaH
  • Like 4

I’m a current first year PA student at USA, as well. We only have 1 veteran and 1 other active/reserves student...so I don’t know that they are “reserved” necessarily...not sure. But they’re moving up to 60 students this year, so there will be like 6 interview dates and about 180 students interviewed. The first interview date is a few weeks away, I’m not sure if they’ve sent any invites yet. I got my invite in late October for November 9. Good luck to all of you, we look forward to meeting you! 
Also, we have probably 10 or so from service areas (MS, FL) and maybe 5-8 that are paying out of state, I think. Also there’s a lot of movement that happens, so if you get waitlisted, don’t worry! I was waitlisted until March and got in. I think close to half of our class was waitlisted [emoji28]

Thanks so much for the info! Did they make an official announcement on increasing the class size? Just curious if it’s something newly decided since it hasn’t been reflected on the website yet. Excited they are accepting more!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

On 10/10/2019 at 4:14 PM, jlthornt said:

Thanks so much for the info! Did they make an official announcement on increasing the class size? Just curious if it’s something newly decided since it hasn’t been reflected on the website yet. Excited they are accepting more!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yeah its looking pretty official that the next class is gonna have 60 students. I would be willing to bet if you get an interview that's when you'll learn more about it that way you hear it from the actual faculty instead of reading about it on website. Best of luck. 

• Like 1

Has anyone else receive an interview? I submitted my application in Sept. 

Nope. They are interviewing into January this year so still quite a bit of time left. I’ve interviewed here before so hoping I can get another chance to earn a seat. It’s a great program!

• Like 1