Hi everyone! I just received an interview invite for November 1, but had to call and reschedule for November 22.

To those who have already been through the interview process, would anyone be willing to share what that was like, and/or can offer any tips/advice? Any insight would be greatly appreciated!!

Edited by grace55

Hi everyone! I just received an interview invite for November 1, but had to call and reschedule for November 22.
To those who have already been through the interview process, would anyone be willing to share what that was like, and/or can offer any tips/advice? Any insight would be greatly appreciated!!

I’ve interviewed here before but it was in 2016. Some things have changed since then so my experience might not reflect their interview process now. Send me a message if you’d like to ask questions anyways. Good luck and congrats!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey guys, I am a first year student.  As corny as it is guys, you really just need to be yourself during your interview and be genuine.  We have a great team of professors and an awesome program director who really want to get to know you and why you want to be a PA.  I have never been to a school which is as supportive and as caring as this one.  Be able to answer both the strengths and flaws of your application (did you make a bad grade one year, what kind of experiences did you have that might make you a great student/PA, etc).  You might get asked as something as simple as your hobbies.  I spent several minutes talking with our director of my love for reading during my interview.  Know things like what a PA is or what is a PA verses NP.   This was honestly my easiest and more laid back interview last year.  

I would recommend the book How to Ace Your PA Interview by Andrew J. Rodican  as well.

If you have any further questions, you are more than able to message me here. I will see some of you tomorrow night and Friday morning.  Good luck and know you got this!

Edited by Phoenixfire24
  • Like 1

Does anyone know when they will start calling/emailing about their decisions? 

I interviewed Nov 1 and it was pretty relaxed. I was asked more situational questions than any other interview I’ve had. Thankfully, it was focused around the HIPAA laws and I felt pretty comfortable about it. The current students were also very helpful during the day, so feel free to ask them anything!

Good luck to everyone!

• Like 1

The first two interviews were on back-to- back Friday’s (Oct 25 and Nov 1). A whole week will pass, then another set on Nov 15th and 22nd. Because of Thanksgiving and Christmas, the same pattern should occur again. I feel that on the off week between each set, they will call the best candidates and hold off on the others until more people have interviewed. Just my personal theory and way to pass the waiting game 🤪  

I thoroughly appreciated my time at USA. The orientation and tour were eye opening, even for a Mobile native who has studied the school for a few years. You will be blown away by the faculty, staff, students, facilities, curriculum, clinical rotations, and the university as a whole. Top notch is the only way to sum it up. 

Between two interviews, we spent a lot of time all together in one classroom. It gave us time to feel comfortable, while getting to know other applicants and current students. The first interview seemed more casual and “getting to know you,” while the second seemed more serious, as if they really wanted to understand my motives (rightfully so). I only was asked one scenario, that really seemed to connect with my personality and background. Nothing too technical. They ask questions that are individualized to you and being genuine is the best way to answer them. Please don’t get bogged down with those crazy lists of questions. Be prepared with the basics, but save yourself the insanity and just enjoy the experience as a whole. You will LOVE it. 

Prayers and Good Luck for everyone applying and interviewing. 

• Like 1

To all that have interviewed, when did you receive the follow-up email with details regarding interview day? My email simply states I will receive an email after my confirmation. I was required to respond by Oct. 31 and I sent my confirmation on Oct. 30. I'm not too worried about it, but I do want to make sure that I don't need to call and ensure they received my confirmation. I'm interviewing on Nov. 15th, if anyone else has that same interview date have you received your follow-up? TIA

17 hours ago, paxander said:

To all that have interviewed, when did you receive the follow-up email with details regarding interview day? My email simply states I will receive an email after my confirmation. I was required to respond by Oct. 31 and I sent my confirmation on Oct. 30. I'm not too worried about it, but I do want to make sure that I don't need to call and ensure they received my confirmation. I'm interviewing on Nov. 15th, if anyone else has that same interview date have you received your follow-up? TIA

You'll receive the email with interview day info either at the end of this week or the start of next week. This week is gonna pretty wild at school so I would give them a few days and if you haven't heard anything by next Tuesday email or call them. 

On November 4, 2019 at 11:17 AM, paxander said:

I received an invitation to interview on Nov. 15th yesterday. I just responded to confirm and immediately received a response saying the applicant interview guide will be emailed approximately 1 week prior to the interview date. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/15/2019 at 7:38 PM, Kellik33 said:

Just received an interview for Nov. 22nd! However I have another interview in Montana that same day.. does anyone know if they have more dates after this round of interviews? I emailed them to try and switch dates but of course it’s a Friday evening so I probably won’t hear back until Monday. 

There is possibly going to be one more in January but it's not a 100% thing at this point. 

4 hours ago, rhall13 said:

There is possibly going to be one more in January but it's not a 100% thing at this point. 

Thanks for the info! Do you know the chances of them actually holding the January interview at this point? I just called and had to give up my interview for Nov. 22nd and am on the waitlist for if they do have one in January.

On 11/18/2019 at 10:24 AM, Kellik33 said:

Thanks for the info! Do you know the chances of them actually holding the January interview at this point? I just called and had to give up my interview for Nov. 22nd and am on the waitlist for if they do have one in January.

It will all depend on the interview this week. Sorry I know that doesn't help too much.