2019-2020 Application Cycle

Guest thePAway

20 hours ago, ChiTownPrePA said:

Does anyone know if there is an accepted students page or anything yet? Hoping to connect with other accepted students soon 🙂

I received my acceptance earlier today! (interviewed 9/24 in the morning session) so I'm also wondering if there's a Facebook page or anything. Congrats to the others getting their acceptances too!

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, BigPAGuy said:

Does anyone know if you need to send anything along with the deposit for your seat in the class? I've been having trouble contacting Lori to ask her. Thanks!

From my understanding, it’s just the email to her to confirm your spot, then the deposit in the mail. At some point we have to prove we are eligible with transcripts, background check, etc. but I don’t think that needs to be sent with the deposit. Feel free to correct me if I’m wrong (anyone else).

• Like 1

I mailed my deposit and got a confirmation from Lori when it was received. I only sent a check and that was it. I also emailed Lori asking if there was something I needed to do with castlebranch because I am stilling getting emails and she said no and not to worry about that, she would email us at a later date about other things which need to be done/verified (updated transcripts, vaccinations, etc.)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BigPAGuy said:

Does anyone know if you need to send anything along with the deposit for your seat in the class? I've been having trouble contacting Lori to ask her. Thanks!

I think just the email to Lori saying you are accepting! Lori sent me a confirmation of my deposit and acceptance on Friday, and also noted that she would be out of the office this week. That would probably explain why you haven’t been able to get ahold of her. Hopefully that helps! 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Cosborne said:

I think just the email to Lori saying you are accepting! Lori sent me a confirmation of my deposit and acceptance on Friday, and also noted that she would be out of the office this week. That would probably explain why you haven’t been able to get ahold of her. Hopefully that helps! 

Thank you! I was getting worried about not getting a confirmation on my acceptance email, so that makes sense now. 

5 hours ago, quirkyPA530 said:

Is anyone still waiting to hear back from the 9/24 interview date / an earlier interview date? Feeling nervous that I didn't hear back with the round of acceptances mentioned above 😕 but still wanting to remain hopeful!

Yes, I interviewed 9/24 and I have not heard back yet either. Hoping we still have a chance! 

• Upvote 1

On 10/8/2019 at 9:04 PM, Mlamb said:

Yes, I interviewed 9/24 and I have not heard back yet either. Hoping we still have a chance! 

Interviewed 9/23 and also haven't heard back, but someone said Lori is out of the office this week so I assume we might hear back next week, fingers crossed!

On 10/17/2019 at 3:02 PM, corcoranbi said:

Any 9/23 people still waiting to hear back? I can't believe it has almost been a month! Is this wait time normal? Thanks!

I interviewed 9/24 and have not yet heard back. Keeping my fingers crossed! They said not to overthink the wait period, but I'm finding it quite hard lol. If you haven't yet heard back, best of luck to you!

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, rasnazzles said:

I also interviewed 09/24 and have yet to hear back. Is it frowned upon to send a follow-up e-mail to touch base with them about the timeline or would it be better to be patient and wait until hearing back?

I've been wondering the same! I was also considering sending a letter of intent, but I am not sure if that is more of a med school thing/if pa schools even appreciate that. If anyone has had success sending a letter of intent while waiting for a decision I would love to get some feedback!

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, rasnazzles said:

I also interviewed 09/24 and have yet to hear back. Is it frowned upon to send a follow-up e-mail to touch base with them about the timeline or would it be better to be patient and wait until hearing back?

I sent one today because I interviewed 9/23 and can report back what Lori says! I thought it would be okay since it was over a month.

• Like 3

18 hours ago, corcoranbi said:

I've been wondering the same! I was also considering sending a letter of intent, but I am not sure if that is more of a med school thing/if pa schools even appreciate that. If anyone has had success sending a letter of intent while waiting for a decision I would love to get some feedback!

Would also love to hear anyone's thought on this!