2019-2020 Application Cycle

Guest thePAway

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/4/2019 at 10:21 AM, PAS2022 said:

Has anyone been put on the waitlist yet? Or does anyone know when we are supposed to hear back?

Seems like we are all kind of in the same boat! Patiently waiting but at my interview they said we would know by early October... and seems weird that even the accepted students haven’t heard back from the university in awhile. 

1 hour ago, Awiesmann said:

Seems like we are all kind of in the same boat! Patiently waiting but at my interview they said we would know by early October... and seems weird that even the accepted students haven’t heard back from the university in awhile. 

I got my accepted email with info it in a couple days ago from Lori. Maybe now is about when they’ll send waitlist emails!

I had interviewed on September 17th, and I have not heard an acceptance or rejection yet. I know acceptances have been mailed out right after the interviews, but does Marquette's PA program send out rejections? Or do they send out rejections the same time as waitlisted applicants? Its been almost 3 months so super curious and nervous!!!!!!

Edited by jnella3
  • Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 2/18/2020 at 3:31 PM, ChiTownPrePA said:

I loved my interview experience at Marquette, but I’m not sure if the extra length is worthwhile versus other shorter programs. Anyone have some insight on why they are choosing Marquette? Resources you used to make your decision? Thanks 🙂

Hi! I also loved my interview experience at Marquette. I was recently looking at their website again and they are transitioning to a shorter program from the 33 month to a 28 month program. That being said they are not accepting students into a program for the 2020-2021 cycle.. a big disappointment to me because I was excited to try and get into their program again. 

Edited by Awiesmann
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Awiesmann said:

Hi! I also loved my interview experience at Marquette. I was recently looking at their website again and they are transitioning to a shorter program from the 33 month to a 28 month program. That being said they are not accepting students into a program for the 2020-2021 cycle.. a big disappointment to me because I was excited to try and get into their program again. 

Thank you for sharing! Wow, that is a big change (and probably a big difference in cost as well). Surprising that they wouldn’t take another class. Good luck!

Just now, Awiesmann said:

I will most likely apply there in 2021 for a 2022 start date (if I decide to take another year off). But you're welcome! Was interesting to see when I was back on their page. 

They’re skipping a class so that they don’t have 2 classes overlapping their clinical year! If one class is still in the 3 year curriculum and the other in the 2 year, the clinical years will overlap. I did my undergrad at Marquette and I can tell you that the 3 year program is absolutely worth it. 100% job placement, 100% PANCE pass rate, new building, higher salary in all specialties once hired (they recognize how impressive the program is). Honestly though it’s a preference. Marquette might be longer but you get a better education and have more to show for it! That’s my personal opinion! What’s 1 year if it’s the value of your education and your career on the line!

• Upvote 1