University of Bridgeport PA Applicants 2019

On 7/10/2019 at 11:07 AM, Evana1993 said:

Congrats! Do you mind sharing your stats? 

Also, when were you verified?

Thanks! and sure

CASPA verified May 29th

Healthcare hours 1000 as a Nursing Assistant in an ED

GPA: 3.8

Science GPA 3.8

Shadowing hours: 100

GRE: I don't remember exactly but I believe it was 60th percentile reading and 20th percentile math 4.0 writing

A bunch of hours volunteering in different hospitals

A LOT of various extra curricular activities including: VP/Peer adviser for Biochemistry Club, Founder of a Club that volunteers at animal shelters, member of gymnastics and ballroom dance teams..

11 hours ago, DanaSchroeder said:

Thanks! and sure

CASPA verified May 29th

Healthcare hours 1000 as a Nursing Assistant in an ED

GPA: 3.8

Science GPA 3.8

Shadowing hours: 100

GRE: I don't remember exactly but I believe it was 60th percentile reading and 20th percentile math 4.0 writing

A bunch of hours volunteering in different hospitals

A LOT of various extra curricular activities including: VP/Peer adviser for Biochemistry Club, Founder of a Club that volunteers at animal shelters, member of gymnastics and ballroom dance teams..

Thank you so much for sharing!

• Like 1

On 7/15/2019 at 12:01 PM, raazk10 said:

For the people that interviewed, how did you guys prepare for it. I have mine on August 9th. How was the overall experience at University of Bridgeport? Really appreciate the input. Thank you and Good luck 🙂  

I thought about my answers to the most common types of questions PA schools ask, and I also thought about examples from my PCE/volunteering that I could tie in there. I also think it's helpful to read a PA interview book beforehand to get a feel for the types of questions/how you should answer them. I read "The Physician Assistant School Interview Guide" by Savanna Perry and thought it was helpful. 

Also, make sure that you practice answering questions with someone. If you have a PA you can practice with, even better. They will be able to point out if there's anything distracting about the way you answer questions/give you tips on what you can do better.

Overall, the faculty at Bridgeport was super nice, and I felt like they asked fair questions. Congrats on the interview and GOOD LUCK! 🙂

Edited by pahelpme111
  • Upvote 1