ATSU 2019-2020 Cycle

3 hours ago, jburgdorf8 said:

You got September 16th? That is so soon! I didn't have any dates available until October!  Is any one else getting earlier interview invites?

At first all I had available was September 9th and then nothing until November but I refreshed and one opened up for the 16th!

Edited by SBARBARA96

On 9/8/2019 at 10:30 AM, vivianm said:

For those who have interviewed, is there a room where we can store our luggage during the interview? Thank you!

Yes they were able to store luggage for at least one person from what I saw. But most people said their hotel was willing to hold on to their luggage till they got done. 

On 9/7/2019 at 10:39 AM, MWell24 said:

Hello All,

Does anyone know how many people get offered an interview per cycle and what the rate of admission is? Also, does anyone know how many people are invited to each interview date? 

they interview 24 candidate almost every Monday until the end of the year. From what they said at the interview they are planning on interviewing about 350 people for the 70 slots available. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, 11123 said:

Anyone willing to share their experience interviewing here? :)

Overall the day went pretty smoothly and how they said it was going to in the email they sent out with your invite to interview. I won't / can't say exactly which questions were asked in the MMI portion but they were pretty standard. This was my first MMI experience and I was thoroughly pleased. I enjoyed the opportunity to make an impression with multiple staff/Professors. 1 in the file review and 8 in the MMI portion, and of course everybody else that was there that you interacted with. I feel like I was articulate and answered the questions sufficiently but ultimately I don't know how I did or how everyone else did that I will be compared to, but one thing I can say is that EVERYONE that was involved with the entire process was extremely nice and pleasant. I know you have probably heard this countless times and I know I didn't truly relax until 1/3 through the day, but really don't stress. If you have prepared for the MMI and also traditional questions then you will do fine. They want to see how you handle yourself in stressful situations, your communication/people skills, as well as critical thinking as it pertains to ethical situations. Wish everyone the best of luck!! It is still very early in the cycle and plenty of opportunities to get a seat. 

🙂 Joel

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

20 hours ago, JoelS said:

Yes they were able to store luggage for at least one person from what I saw. But most people said their hotel was willing to hold on to their luggage till they got done. 

yes they held the luggage for me! they basically stored it in one of the interview rooms. if you want to do the tour though you'll have to lug it around with you. There were plenty of people that left it with the hotel, but I didn't want to have to uber back to the hotel, and then to the airport. my luggage was a carryon size so it wasn't that much of a hassle for me. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, 11123 said:

Anyone willing to share their experience interviewing here? :)

The experience was pretty good! I was definitely super nervous but the entire staff and faculty were really encouraging. You're basically one on one the whole time when they ask you questions, and the only time you're with a group is for the exam and when you're waiting to go into an MMI station. The staff and faculty are extremely open to answering any questions or concerns you have. If you have a personal question (had a few about prerequisites that I forgot to ask during my 1:1 file review), they'll immediately call someone over and make sure it's addressed. During the MMI each person I encountered was extremely nice and engaging, and made sure you feel like your answer is addressed. Good luck and don't forget to have fun!

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, JoelS said:

Overall the day went pretty smoothly and how they said it was going to in the email they sent out with your invite to interview. I won't / can't say exactly which questions were asked in the MMI portion but they were pretty standard. This was my first MMI experience and I was thoroughly pleased. I enjoyed the opportunity to make an impression with multiple staff/Professors. 1 in the file review and 8 in the MMI portion, and of course everybody else that was there that you interacted with. I feel like I was articulate and answered the questions sufficiently but ultimately I don't know how I did or how everyone else did that I will be compared to, but one thing I can say is that EVERYONE that was involved with the entire process was extremely nice and pleasant. I know you have probably heard this countless times and I know I didn't truly relax until 1/3 through the day, but really don't stress. If you have prepared for the MMI and also traditional questions then you will do fine. They want to see how you handle yourself in stressful situations, your communication/people skills, as well as critical thinking as it pertains to ethical situations. Wish everyone the best of luck!! It is still very early in the cycle and plenty of opportunities to get a seat. 

🙂 Joel

Hi Joel! 

Thank you for your response, best of luck to you!

2 hours ago, gwacie321 said:

The experience was pretty good! I was definitely super nervous but the entire staff and faculty were really encouraging. You're basically one on one the whole time when they ask you questions, and the only time you're with a group is for the exam and when you're waiting to go into an MMI station. The staff and faculty are extremely open to answering any questions or concerns you have. If you have a personal question (had a few about prerequisites that I forgot to ask during my 1:1 file review), they'll immediately call someone over and make sure it's addressed. During the MMI each person I encountered was extremely nice and engaging, and made sure you feel like your answer is addressed. Good luck and don't forget to have fun!

Thank you! I appreciate your response, does everyone go through each part of the day as a whole or are there various groups that alternate? Good luck!! 

9 hours ago, gwacie321 said:

There’s an exam? Yikes! Without disclosing any information that you can’t. Was this an anatomy and physiology, med term, biology, biochemistry exam? Anything difficult I should expect? 

7 hours ago, MadKat said:

There’s an exam? Yikes! Without disclosing any information that you can’t. Was this an anatomy and physiology, med term, biology, biochemistry exam? Anything difficult I should expect? 

Did you get the email that told you about interview day? The test isn't used in the admissions process. They are just gathering more data to determine if they want to use it as part of the admissions process in the future. It is an assortment of anatomy/biology stuff. Nothing crazy. 

14 minutes ago, JoelS said:

Did you get the email that told you about interview day? The test isn't used in the admissions process. They are just gathering more data to determine if they want to use it as part of the admissions process in the future. It is an assortment of anatomy/biology stuff. Nothing crazy. 

Oh yes yes! I did read that, just totally forgot haha! But thanks for the insight!

10 minutes ago, Vmundo said:

Does anyone know if they have a cadaver lab? I’ve researched a lot but have not seen anything on the website in regards to them have a cadaver lab. 

Yes they have one but from what they told us during the presentation we as PAs won't have much interaction. They will explain that they want to teach us anatomy in a more realistic manner that we will use in clinical settings rather than in an autopsy setting. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

18 hours ago, 11123 said:

Thank you! I appreciate your response, does everyone go through each part of the day as a whole or are there various groups that alternate? Good luck!! 

It's a bit of everything! there are times you're with everyone, in smaller groups, and one on one! I feel like the time you spend in each setting ends up being the same. 

1 hour ago, Vmundo said:

Does anyone know if they have a cadaver lab? I’ve researched a lot but have not seen anything on the website in regards to them have a cadaver lab. 

It seems like whenever people asked about it they would deviate from the conversation, so it seems like we wont have to do with it (if you look on their brochure they advertise they have a virtual anatomy lab). One of the staff members said if you want to get involved with cadavers you can join an autopsy club haha. 

4 hours ago, gwacie321 said:

It seems like whenever people asked about it they would deviate from the conversation, so it seems like we wont have to do with it (if you look on their brochure they advertise they have a virtual anatomy lab). One of the staff members said if you want to get involved with cadavers you can join an autopsy club haha. 

Okay well that takes one of my questions I have out! Thanks so much.