ATSU 2019-2020 Cycle

On 9/11/2019 at 9:44 AM, Vmundo said:

Does anyone know if they have a cadaver lab? I’ve researched a lot but have not seen anything on the website in regards to them have a cadaver lab. 

During my interview tour they said there is no cadaver lab or virtual anatomy lab that will be available to the PA students

14 hours ago, Vmundo said:

Can anyone provide any insight to MMI portion? Is it more of a conversational interview or you’re just speaking to someone for 7 minutes straight? 

Once you get to the MMI portion there are a total of 8 rooms each with a Prompt (sheet of paper with something written on it) ranging from an ethical dilemma you might encounter at work to quirky questions about yourself. You knock on the door, go in, introduce yourself and begin talking. It is more similar to you speaking to someone for 7 minutes rather than a conversation. Some of the people will ask you follow up questions but not necessarily. 

Also I got my acceptance voicemail yesterday!! (was in another interview so didn't answer).

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Congratulations to everyone who got acceptance calls, you all are amazing! I had a wonderful time getting to know you all on the interview day 🙂  I interviewed on 9/9 and have not heard anything yet! Staying hopeful!

For those of you who will be interviewing soon best of luck! The staff at ATSU was incredibly kind and made the interviews enjoyable! 

• Like 1

On 9/13/2019 at 5:47 PM, Vmundo said:

Can anyone provide any insight to MMI portion? Is it more of a conversational interview or you’re just speaking to someone for 7 minutes straight? 

I don't think I can disclose too much about my experience on what they did, but it is 1:1 style and will provide you scenarios or questions (this was sent in an email). If you go on amazon there are some good PA interview books that can provide you practice questions that I found helpful. I would say it's similar to a job interview as they're trying to see if you're a good fit for the matriculating class. The people are super nice and I never felt uncomfortable talking, I'd just make sure you practice with some sample MMI questions. Good luck and don't forget to relax and have fun!

1 hour ago, Marinaelena4 said:

I just got a call to move my interview from 12/9 to Monday 9/23! Super excited & nervous. If anyone has any tips that haven't been said yet please let me know! 

Congratulations to all those accepted and good luck to everyone interviewing! 

I’ll be interviewing on 9/23 now too instead of my original 11/4 date! So excited and nervous. Good luck!!!

I'm interviewing Dec 4th, I received the invitation to interview about a week and a half ago! I am driving up the night before from Sierra Vista (Super Southeast Arizona) if anyone wants to grab dinner before hand!

Best of luck to everyone interviewing and congratulations to everyone who has been accepted!

• Like 1

I do recall that they said we would be notified by today, along with the information that we would not be placed on hold, pending an open seat.  I agree with both of you; it is super stressful because we will either be accepted or rejected, but we have to stay hopeful — best of luck to those who are waiting for a call.

• Upvote 1