2019-2020 Application Cycle

6 minutes ago, Ashleypeel7191 said:

Hi everyone! I just logged into my Mystar account and noticed my application is no longer active on there. Anyone else having this same issue?

Yes, just got logged into mine as well and am seeing the same status. I am going to email and then call on Monday! 

On 7/27/2019 at 2:48 PM, edtru said:

I just emailed them. I’ll update you guys!

Just called, they said that they updated the systems over the weekend and this is a glitch from that update that they're fixing. the man I talked to said the department is going through CASPA right now and hasn't gotten to My Star yet! He said that there is still an application on their end, it is just an issue with us (applicants) seeing the status on the portal. Hope that clears some things up for people!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I just got an email stating, "

Your application is now in the Physician Assistant Studies Department for Review.  Please allow several weeks to months for the review process.

Thank you for your interest in our program" [emoji1] Am I late to the party?

Same!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, thomas20 said:

I got the MyStar emails on 6/14 but haven’t received my “application in review” email yet. Anyone else having this problem? 

Mine was end of May. I emailed and asked and they said hey have everything so I’m not sure what to do next.

Do y'all think it's too late for me to apply? I thought I had given up on being a PA and geared myself towards nursing, but I feel like I should apply one more time. Last year I interviewed with UTMB and got waitlisted. Not getting in and the idea of having to wait an entire year really took a toll on my mental health which is why I started applying to nursing schools. Turns out a lot of them didn't like the pre reqs I had and didn't count some of them, so getting in has been harder than I thought. 

I recently realized that I should apply to PA school again. I know it is much better to apply really early, so I'm wondering if you guys think I even have a chance submitting this late? I will have all my letters of rec and everything completed by about August 20th which is when I'm planning on submitting. I should be verified pretty much instantly because CASPA already has all my transcripts in their system and nothing has changed since last year. I have been working as a CNA since I applied last and gained a ton of more PCE. 

Thanks in advance for any advice! 

On 8/6/2019 at 1:22 PM, williams22 said:

Do y'all think it's too late for me to apply? I thought I had given up on being a PA and geared myself towards nursing, but I feel like I should apply one more time. Last year I interviewed with UTMB and got waitlisted. Not getting in and the idea of having to wait an entire year really took a toll on my mental health which is why I started applying to nursing schools. Turns out a lot of them didn't like the pre reqs I had and didn't count some of them, so getting in has been harder than I thought. 

I recently realized that I should apply to PA school again. I know it is much better to apply really early, so I'm wondering if you guys think I even have a chance submitting this late? I will have all my letters of rec and everything completed by about August 20th which is when I'm planning on submitting. I should be verified pretty much instantly because CASPA already has all my transcripts in their system and nothing has changed since last year. I have been working as a CNA since I applied last and gained a ton of more PCE. 

Thanks in advance for any advice! 

Current student at UTMB. I applied late august/early September. Was offered an interview mid November, two weeks out. Don't think it is too late. But you got to prove and show that you have been making an effort to improve your resume. That includes grades, PCE, and volunteer. 

22 hours ago, quoiaa1 said:

I received the MyStar credentials 8/15 but I have not received the under review email. How long does it usually take?

I also received the MyStar 8/15! Looking back at old threads, I saw some people got their under review email as soon as 5 days after MyStar access, some going close to 2 months, and some never got them (and still got interviews). Hopefully we get ours soon because the waiting is brutal!

• Like 1