2019-2020 Application Cycle

I received an interview today at 2:40 pm! I am beyond excited and cried for about twenty minutes!

My stats are as followed:

Verified: 5/31

In review: 07/29

First time applicant- finishing up my Bachelor's by May

Cumulative GPA: 3.81

Science GPA: 3.75

GRE (not a great standardized test taker)

Verbal: 146

Quantatative: 146

Writing: 4.5

Medical stats:

Shadowing: 30 hours under 4 PA's (4 different specialties)

PCE: 800 hours (Optometric Assistant)

HCE: 300 hours (patient care technician at home health clinic and shadowing PA)

Clinical rotations high school- 250 hours at a hospital shadowing physicians and PA's

Letter of Recommendations:

I submitted 4 but I am not sure which ones they chose! (1 physician(OBGYN), 1 PA, 1 anatomy professor, 1 Optometrist)

Edited by Jminugh
  • Like 1

I received an interview invite today and I am lost for words! I have been anxiously waiting for this email since I submitted my application on July 1st! Congrats to everyone else that received an invite as well!! 

Those that have already interviewed, do you mind sharing the interview format? Were there 2 one-on-one interviews? Or did they have group and/or MMI format??

Thanks a ton! 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, PAgrind said:

I was just invited to interview on Oct 25th! So excited! I’m not a TX native and I think I’ll be staying in town for a few nights. If anyone is interviewing on that date and wants to meet up let me know! Congrats everyone! 

I am totally down! I plan on driving up to Galveston the night before so I would be down to meet up!