2019-2020 Application Cycle

I was also accepted today! It was on MyStar before I got an email. Congrats to everyone! 

As for stats I am not keen on sharing them as I do not want to discourage anyone but my GPA was definitely on the lower end with a strong upward trend. I had a good amount of HCE, and shadowing. GRE score was also a bit average. I think the program is truly looking at applicants holistically and those that align with their mission.

Good Luck to all of you!! 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, AshleyB said:

I was accepted via email yesterday!! However, I will be declining my acceptance offer as I also gained accepted into another PA program literally 10 minutes later! Hopefully this will give an opportunity to another applicant! Good luck!!

So happy for you! Congratulations 

I interviewed 9/27.. hopefully I hear something soon 🙂 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Jminugh said:

Does anyone know if we need to bring official transcripts to the interviews or can we print out unofficial ones? 

In tge email it says student copies which is an unofficial copy. You only need a copy if you have any outstanding prerequisites that you didnt have on CASPA at the time of applications 

1 hour ago, cberg22 said:

I brought unofficial and it was perfectly fine! 

19 minutes ago, lilchalk37 said:

In tge email it says student copies which is an unofficial copy. You only need a copy if you have any outstanding prerequisites that you didnt have on CASPA at the time of applications 

Thank you so much! I appreciate the help.

6 hours ago, Benolda said:

Since that current student advised we send a thank you note post-interview, did anyone actually do that? I feel like most programs discourage it...

I sent a thank you email to one of the professors I interviewed with! We really "clicked" and I enjoyed our conversation so I felt compelled to email a quick thank you. 

• Like 1

Also, congrats to everyone who got in! And good luck to everyone interviewing over the next few weeks.

If y'all have any questions about the program, structure, faculty, etc. feel free to reach out. From my perspective, the program is only getting better, especially given the number of new faculty the program has hired in the last year alone.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, reticentt said:

Also, congrats to everyone who got in! And good luck to everyone interviewing over the next few weeks.

If y'all have any questions about the program, structure, faculty, etc. feel free to reach out. From my perspective, the program is only getting better, especially given the number of new faculty the program has hired in the last year alone.

Do you happen to know how long does it take for the admissions committee to make a decision after someone interviews? and What happens if after 1-2 weeks of having interviewed you don't hear anything back from UTMB?Thank you for all your help 🙂

• Like 1

5 hours ago, MasterSword said:

Do you happen to know how long does it take for the admissions committee to make a decision after someone interviews? and What happens if after 1-2 weeks of having interviewed you don't hear anything back from UTMB?Thank you for all your help 🙂

I'm not part of the admissions committee, so I have no idea what actually happens post-interview. Based on the timeline, I think they separate interviewees into accept, waitlist/revisit, and deny piles. The latter two don't hear back until much later in the cycle. If you don't hear back, there's not much you could do except wait and find out if you're waitlisted or denied altogether.

That said, UTMB does pull students from the waitlist quite a bit. They don't give your spot on the waitlist like they did in the past.

• Like 1