2019-2020 George Washington University

11 hours ago, multiculturalmarylander said:

Just received an email this morning. Got an interview for the 21st! See you all soon. And for those who just interviewed on Sept. 7, how was it like? 

Its a pretty intense day but you get lots of good information. You get there around 8am and leave around 3pm. They split you into groups and based on those groups you do the activities for the day in different orders. The activities include a general presentation of the program, the MMI, a writing prompt, a tour, an alumni panel, lunch, a first year student panel, and a second year student panel. Best of luck! 

• Like 2

On 9/6/2019 at 3:56 PM, Katherine11 said:

Hey ya’ll! 

I’m flying in from Boston and get to D.C. around 545. I am planning to attend the informal meet and greet but am nervous about showing up late. I’m assuming since it’s optional that it’s okay to stop in anytime between 6-8 but wanted to see if anybody had a little more information (my nerves are obviously kicking in). I’ll be going there straight from the airport. 

You can show up to the meet and greet at any time. Interviewees and students come and go throughout the night. Remember, it is an informal, optional event to socialize with students. There is NO need to stress about making it on time; some interviewees can't make it at all. 

Edited by LAP820

On 9/9/2019 at 11:26 PM, Possle said:

Does anyone have insights on the emphasis this program places on the GRE? 

From the interview day I got the sense that they very much look at the student as a whole. The GPA, GRE score, clinical experience, interviewing skills and also how well you align with their mission and values. However, since not all PA school require they GRE and they do, obviously it carries some weight. There were some other programs that I interviewed at that required the GRE but they specifically said they don't emphasize it much because it hasn't been very telling. However, GW didn't make any comments like that so I think they probably emphasize it more.

17 hours ago, ABina96 said:

From the interview day I got the sense that they very much look at the student as a whole. The GPA, GRE score, clinical experience, interviewing skills and also how well you align with their mission and values. However, since not all PA school require they GRE and they do, obviously it carries some weight. There were some other programs that I interviewed at that required the GRE but they specifically said they don't emphasize it much because it hasn't been very telling. However, GW didn't make any comments like that so I think they probably emphasize it more.

Good to know. Thank you for the input!

8 hours ago, hbayless said:

Hey Guys, I just gave up my interview spot for 09/21 since I got accepted into another top choice school. I hope that this opens a spot up for someone else to get a chance to interview! Good luck! 

I just received an email and vm today inviting me to the 09/21 interview. They said they had a cancellation so thank you to you and others who respond to decline so they can offer the slots to others. We all know how difficult it is to get to this point in the process. This is my second time so I'm very excited! 

I submitted May 23 and went under review June 11. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jlthornt said:

That’s great! Congratulations! Are you in or out of state? Also when did you receive your “under review” email? Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm from Massachusetts but currently living in California. I received my under review e-mail on 6/11. My portal still states it is under review but also shows that my GRE scores were received. 

• Like 1

just received an interview on 10/5! i can't wait!
for those who have already interviewed:

what is the best place to stay? nearby hotels are pretty pricey but I am willing to pay the extra money, if it makes the whole trip easier. Is uber a valid option in exchange for a further and cheaper hotel?

what is the best way to prepare for the writing prompt? is it similar to the GRE writing portion? what to expect??

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1