2019-2020 George Washington University

7 hours ago, luna721 said:

just received an interview on 10/5! i can't wait!
for those who have already interviewed:

what is the best place to stay? nearby hotels are pretty pricey but I am willing to pay the extra money, if it makes the whole trip easier. Is uber a valid option in exchange for a further and cheaper hotel?

what is the best way to prepare for the writing prompt? is it similar to the GRE writing portion? what to expect??

I recommend staying along the orange or silver metro line. Uber is also a great option which I used to get the interview since I didn't want to worry about getting lost or being late.

There's really no way to prepare to the prompt so I wouldn't worry about that part.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, jswim said:

I received an email on 5/11 that GWU received my GRE scores, where should I see this in my student portal? I am seeing "congratulation your application is under review, but nothing about GRE. I'm beginning to get concerned because I submitted my caspa on 5/21 but have yet to receive an "under review" email. Has anyone else had this problem? Should I contact admissions?

It should be in the middle of your student portal.

Screen Shot 2019-09-19 at 8.17.19 PM.png

On 9/18/2019 at 6:59 PM, jcalvertlpn said:

Does anyone know if GWU notifies those NOT invited to interview?

I applied last year and didn't hear anything until they posted the decline letter in the portal just before Christmas. The last interview had already passed so I knew I was out for the cycle but it was still nice to receive an official notification. 

1 hour ago, luc19971 said:

Hey guys! For those of you who attended the interview already, would you mind to please share what sort of attire is appropriate for the get-together on Friday? Thanks in advance!

The get-together was pretty business casual. I went in jeans and a nice blouse. There were some girls in dresses, and the guys mostly wore slacks and a button-down shirt. Hope this helps! Good luck on your interview.