2019-2020 Application Cycle

4 hours ago, Saharp said:

Finding a parking space in Dogwood parking lot is very hard especially on Friday afternoon. You need to give yourself good 30 min to go up and down to find a space.

This is helpful, thank you. Are there places off campus but walkable to campus for public parking? What about 7am on a game day Saturday? Sorry for all the questions! You’ve been super helpful tho!

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Kc2020 said:

This is helpful, thank you. Are there places off campus but walkable to campus for public parking? What about 7am on a game day Saturday? Sorry for all the questions! You’ve been super helpful tho!

Unfortunately for any off campus walkable  parking, you need to have a permit. Your only option for Friday is the Dogwood parking deck. However for Saturday, you can park almost everywhere around the campus without permit. I don’t know what time the game starts, but I think you should be fine to be there around 6:30 am. May I ask where you need to meet up on Saturday, then I can give you some suggestions for the parking.

4 minutes ago, Saharp said:

Unfortunately for any off campus walkable  parking, you need to have a permit. Your only option for Friday is the Dogwood parking deck. However for Saturday, you can park almost everywhere around the campus without permit. I don’t know what time the game starts, but I think you should be fine to be there around 6:30 am. May I ask where you need to meet up on Saturday, then I can give you some suggestions for the parking.

Okay maybe I'll uber friday then...They didn't say where exactly. I would guess the medical school or Bondurant Hall where the allied health sciences office is (just a guess based on the address on their email signature when they sent information about the interview). 

1 minute ago, Kc2020 said:

Okay maybe I'll uber friday then...They didn't say where exactly. I would guess the medical school or Bondurant Hall where the allied health sciences office is (just a guess based on the address on their email signature when they sent information about the interview). 

If it is at the Boundurant hall, your best option is still Dogwood. If you have to meet up at the hospital, you have some other options too. Once they tell you where exactly you need to go, I can give you more info for the parking, because there is a construction right across the children hospital, so they closed the entrance. All the hospitals at UNC are connected to each other, and to the medical school and Boundurant Hall.

I don't know where you are all meeting up, but you also have the option of the Ramshead parking deck if you have to meet up somewhere that is not in the hospitals. Dogwood can be a bit hectic on Friday because of a lot of people visiting family, but Ramshead is usually empty. You can google map any one of these parking decks and figure out which is more convenient for the meetup. UNC is usually fairly aware of the parking issues, and they give clear directions on where you should park. 

Got mine this morning. 

Thank you for applying to the Master of Health Sciences - Physician Assistant Program at The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill.  We regret that we will not be able to offer you admission.      

We appreciate the amount of time that you invested to apply to UNC Chapel Hill and wish we could offer better news.  We had many excellent candidates.  This decision does not affect any additional applications which you have submitted to other programs at UNC, nor will it affect any future applications to the UNC PA Program. 

Due to the huge volume of applications,  we will not be able to individually communicate with you about your specific application. 

Regards,

The Division of Physician Assistant Studies

UNC School of Medicine

On 9/20/2019 at 5:34 PM, Ccampbell0220 said:

Hey everyone I haven’t heard anything from UNC. I’m seeing some people were offered interviews and some were rejected. I have not heard at all, so not sure what that means. 

To me, they didn’t have time or didn’t bother to send all the rejections out on Friday, so frustrating.

19 hours ago, Saharp said:

I wished, I could stay that hopeful, but I’m 99% sure, that’s not the case.

I'm still waiting for an email as well, but as a lot of my fellow PA applicants say, no news is good news so try and stay positive because if they haven't sent a rejection yet, that means you're still in the running!

Edited by Osliwa

28 minutes ago, Rabs8 said:

Hey everyone! App was verified through CASPA on 8/27 (submitted 8/10), UNC supplemental was completed 8/24. Still haven't heard on an interview, and still haven't gotten a rejection. Any idea of what the absolute latest date they would invite us for an interview is? Thursday (9/26)?

Some of us are in the same situation. No invite, yet, no rejection. I think we are all a little confused. 

• Like 1