2019-2020 Application Cycle

2 minutes ago, Kc2020 said:

I will likely be staying at the Courtyard or Aloft by the airport (cheapest options). If anyone is staying at those places I would be down to share Ubers to and from campus for the weekend!

I'd be down to share an Uber. Anyone know when we find out if our interview session is in the morning or the afternoon?

Just now, WinstonSLC said:

I'd be down to share an Uber. Anyone know when we find out if our interview session is in the morning or the afternoon?

Cool. Not sure...I emailed them asking if there was any way to find out because I need to book my flights. There aren't that many flights rn that are decently priced, so I kinda need to know!

Hey, I did not get an invite, but I live in the area. If you're still having trouble finding hotels, check out the pins I dropped on this map. These are decent hotels that are just inside Durham, so the drive to UNC isn't bad (10-15 minutes, depending on traffic). If you can't see the pins, just look for hotels around the intersection of 15-501 and 40. These include Springhill Suites, Homewood Suites, and Staybridge Suites. (I'd personally avoid Red Roof Inn.) Let me know if I can help you guys out in any other way!

https://drive.google.com/open?id=10PtNmbJtrcboJXbRhmDSXP3ycK56dUAD&usp=sharing

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Kc2020 said:

How many people here are traveling from out of town? Almost all of the hotels in Chapel Hill are booked (apparently there is a UNC football game that weekend). Having trouble finding something affordable near campus. Near the airport is looking cheapest, but I think it's like a 35 minute drive....

I am staying in an Airbnb. It’s cheaper and some are quite fancy!