2019-2020 Application Cycle

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys. I too am applying this cycle. I have a question in regards to the CASPA documents tab. Are we required to submit:

"Other Section: Completed Patient Care Experience Forms" ?

or is this optional? I never filled out any form of such. I figured contact information for proof of patient care experience was sufficient? 

17 hours ago, Jocapa93 said:

Hi guys. I too am applying this cycle. I have a question in regards to the CASPA documents tab. Are we required to submit:

"Other Section: Completed Patient Care Experience Forms" ?

or is this optional? I never filled out any form of such. I figured contact information for proof of patient care experience was sufficient? 

@Jocapa93 per the website you need to download the patient care verification forms and have them filled out by your employer/supervisor I assume these are the forms they want you to upload in this section. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
4 hours ago, NikPA said:

Hi all, I am wondering if you already sent your varified hours or are you waiting until UNC request it? I am not sure what to do because I am trying to get more hours, but I want them to review my application. Does anyone know what they expect? 

Hi, I submitted the verification forms with the CASPA app. From last year's thread, it sounds like they only need 1000 hrs verified, but I'm not sure if that's different this year.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/10/2019 at 9:38 PM, jspreen said:

^ im curious about this too!

im applying for my first time 

cgpa- 3.83

sgpa - 3.84

gre- 299

pt care - 1300 emt, 150 pt aid

shadowing experience 

5 letters of rec ( 3 academic , 1 pa, 1 clinical) 

Nice! I’ve applied and interviewed before, just not at this program. Will be my first time applying here. Are you an instate or out of state applicant?

52 minutes ago, cm05219 said:

Hey all!

Im an applicant from GA. Does anyone know if they preference NC residents? It mentions that they want diversity but I saw there past class stats and it says that around 85% of their students are NC residents. 

I’m not sure on this one. I’m an out of state applicant (Alabama). Maybe 85% of the best applicants just happened to be from inside the state. Hah

I interviewed with UNC last year. They do have a preference for NC residents, but they certainly accept out of state applicants every year, so stay positive!

On 6/7/2019 at 1:56 PM, jlthornt said:

Hello! Does anyone know if they are on rolling admissions?

They do not. The class size is only 20 students, and they will interview around 60 applicants total. The last couple of years, they held all interviews over a 3 day period in October and then sent out all decisions a week or so after that.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, NCCathLab said:

I interviewed with UNC last year. They do have a preference for NC residents, but they certainly accept out of state applicants every year, so stay positive!

They do not. The class size is only 20 students, and they will interview around 60 applicants total. The last couple of years, they held all interviews over a 3 day period in October and then sent out all decisions a week or so after that.

How was the interview if you dont mind me asking?

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/13/2019 at 5:48 PM, PrePA522 said:

How was the interview if you dont mind me asking?

It was a great experience! We met the entire faculty, received a tour of the campus, interviewed with almost everyone on faculty, and engaged in a group activity.  I was really disappointed I didn't get in because they have put together a really fantastic program. (I don't blame them, It was my first PA interview ever and I was a complete nervous wreck)

Best of luck!

• 1 month later...