NHSC Scholarship 2019

3 hours ago, pengwen said:

Congrats for everyone how received a finalist email! I think you can feel pretty optimistic that the contracts will be countersigned 🙂

Historically, a 2nd round of finalists get notified a week after the 1st round so try to keep your chin-up up if you haven't heard back yet! 

Came here to hear exactly this.  I am bummed, but it's not over yet.  And if I don't get it...it's not the end of the world.  It's just....300k in debt plus my wifes 110k in debt and oh sweet....

I'll manage either way.

Congratulations for everyone who got the invite letter!   Best wishes jumping through the remaining hoops and do keep us updated when you are officially signed, sealed, and delivered.  

21 hours ago, PAdreamzzz said:

Sure thing! I graduated Magna Cum Laude with 3.90 cumulative GPA. Community service chair of pre-health org, where I organized numerous community service events (dining hall food recovery, blood drives, environmental clean up, etc). Volunteered at Pregnancy Aid Center servicing low income, minority women. Emphasized my background in public health and environmental health (designed research project mapping food deserts in my community & made policy proposals to local govt).

Those are some specific examples I highlighted in my essays. I have a lot of leadership and volunteer experiences working with urban underserved populations the last 4 years. This field is my jam lol.

Also, I qualified as a "disadvantaged student" because I'm a first gen college student. My PA program also has strong emphasis on primary care, we are required to do two 10-week rotations in underserved areas. 

Wow, that is AWESOME! Thank you for sharing and congratulations, it's no wonder you're a finalist 🙂 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, asmith6475 said:

Has anyone heard anything this week so far? I am so anxious !!! 

I haven't heard anything, but I know the second round of finalists for doctors and dentists went out on the 12th (via sdn). Not sure if they send them all out at once or if PA's have a different day for the second round. Good luck!

55 minutes ago, Ejohns20 said:

Haven't heard anything. Checked my BHW portal too and it looks the same 😞 Per forums, portal should update mid-September ish

I emailed them today and this was the reply :

"Being considered a finalist is not guaranteed. Not receiving an email one way or another does not mean the program has not awarded you it just means the program is still reviewing your application. You will be notified regardless of if you are awarded or not no later than September 30th."

4 hours ago, Jimmy03 said:

Any updates or idea when countersignatures might go out? This waiting game is killing me 😭

They say that we will all know results by September 30th. But I've heard that there's the possibility of your portal being updated by mid-September if you check (without getting a notification about it til later)

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, candygirl777 said:

Hi guys, 

I’m new to the forum! I received a finalist email in the first round but haven’t received the email about providing documentation for the summer. I’m getting really nervous that I have been disqualified. Is anyone else in the same boat? 

I’m on the same boat! My program started in January and I have been in good standing ever since. I did indicate I took a summer semester on the Fall EVF form but never got a follow up email after that. I’m worried as well about being disqualified. 

6 hours ago, Jimmy03 said:

I’m on the same boat! My program started in January and I have been in good standing ever since. I did indicate I took a summer semester on the Fall EVF form but never got a follow up email after that. I’m worried as well about being disqualified. 

Im glad to know I'm not alone! I started in June. Lets hope that they're getting around to it *fingers crossed*

Countersignature by Jamie King this morning 10:46a!

NHSC Scholarship 2019 (copied from SDN):

Credit Check: Shown on credit report from "Credco"
1st round - July 15
2nd round - ???
Finalist Notification: Recipients received an email to check portal for an update
1st round - Aug 6
2nd round - Aug 12
3rd round - Aug 20 - phone call before finalist email
Co-signatures: signed by Jamie king
1st round : September 9th, 10th, 11th

• Like 1