Ejohns20

NHSC Scholarship 2019

Hi all! Starting this thread because I see some inquiries for the 2019 cycle being tacked on to the 2018 thread so I thought I'd start a new one. I believe applications for those of us starting our programs this year won't open until March and be due in May, but correct me if I'm wrong. 

Let's do this!!

Signed, NHSC hopeful starting her program in AZ in August 2019

Sounds right to me based on the research I’ve done! Do you have any idea about how many of these scholarships are given out a year? I know they’re so competitive. 

Following! Recently accepted as well and looking into this as an option. I've read that the Loan Repayment Program might be better because it's easier to get into and has more locations to choose from. Can anyone confirm this?

@kmelton25 from what I understand, the number of scholarships given depends on how much funding they get from the gov't that particular year. Page 12 of this doc breaks it down by year https://nhsc.hrsa.gov/downloads/scholarships/nhsc-scholarship-application-program-guidance.pdf

I heard a rumor that at one point way back in the day they gave it to anyone who applied but now it's obviously way competitive. I'm scared that this year it'll be cut deep

Hey all! My program begins September 2019 and I am really excited to apply. Anyone know when the application opens for this year?

I think from what I have read in the past years forums it is around the beginning of March but I wonder if it will be delayed this year.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, JohnnyLAX9 said:

I think from what I have read in the past years forums it is around the beginning of March but I wonder if it will be delayed this year.

Oh, I hope not! Thank you for the response!

Following, does anybody know of any similar scholarships beside the VA one and military branches?

Edited by jgw97
typeo

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By moleashish
      So, you have been accepted to HSCP. Yay! Congrats! Go celebrate (reasonably of course). Then what to do,
      Here is what I have been learning over the course of 3 months of not getting paid. I fixed most of the issues now, so hoping to start getting paid the next pay period. 
      Step 1. Get your Military ID made, ASAP. 
      Step 2. Set up mypay account. It's a pain, however once you have your military ID, do yourself a favor and invest in a CAC card reader. You will be able to set up you mypay yourself. 
      Step 3. Update Bank info on mypay. Very Important. (For some reason PSD still hasn't gotten any info about my bank account even after 2nd submission of my paperwork). 
      Step 4. Hope and pray PSD gets these info including your BAH and start paying you.

• By Rudeboyirie
      Hello prospective NHSC scholars!
      I noticed the scholarship application has officially opened. Looks like the deadline is May 10th. Just thought I'd get an official thread going so we can all chat about the application process and share any updates any of us may potentially get!
      Fingers crossed, good luck everyone!
    • By rfinch
      Hey everyone,
      I'm in the process of starting my essays for this year's NHSC scholarship and was wondering if anyone had advice on how they approached the essays. My specific questions are highlighted below.
      1) How specific were you in outlining your future career plans for the essay on the NHSC mission? Did you list HPSA sites and/or non-profit organizations you were interested in affiliating with? 
      2) How did you approach the essay regarding your commitment to working in primary care? Did you take a narrative approach regarding life events or circumstances that led you to pursue a career in primary care, a philosophical approach rationalizing the importance of primary care, a combination of the two, or something altogether different?
      Thanks in advance for any help!

Important Information

Welcome to the Physician Assistant Forum! This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. Learn More