Advocacy for HRSA Scholarship Equity

To my veteran PAs:

I recently received an email about the Student to Service HRSA scholarship that states NPs and Certified Midwives are now eligible disciplines for the upcoming scholarship cycle. The reason for the addition is the bolster primary care and obgyn providers in underserved and rural areas. Makes sense to me... however to my surprise PAs are not included in this scholarship opportunity. 

Is this an issue that the AAPA would take up? If not, who can I write about this issue other than the HRSA?

Screenshot_20200918-112400.thumb.png.72103f880918777fc4446ab7f6d4406a.pngScreenshot_20200918-112248.thumb.png.f3939e915289f28f2bb77e9402cfe75d.png

This was brought up to AAPA last month. They worked with PAEA to send a letter out to HRSA to get PAs on that list. The letter is on the Huddle under "NHSC Program for PAs" if you want to read it.

I am thinking about sending my own letter as well in support of this as an NHSC scholarship alumnus. I encourage people to do the same. 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, MSPAC2 said:

This was brought up to AAPA last month. They worked with PAEA to send a letter out to HRSA to get PAs on that list. The letter is on the Huddle under "NHSC Program for PAs" if you want to read it.

I am thinking about sending my own letter as well in support of this as an NHSC scholarship alumnus. I encourage people to do the same. 

Thank you for this information. I'm glad the AAPA is on top of this issue. I will send a letter and will try to encourage my future classmates to send letters as well.