NHSC Scholarship 2019

5 hours ago, SergioPA said:

Should I be worried that I did not put my discipline or the last 4 digits of my SSN on all my supporting documentation? I barely read that on the NHSC site and I already submitted my application 

I'm not sure, but I read through the instructions after I first submitted my application and then frantically resubmitted it with the required information. 

On 5/20/2019 at 1:01 PM, SergioPA said:

Should I be worried that I did not put my discipline or the last 4 digits of my SSN on all my supporting documentation? I barely read that on the NHSC site and I already submitted my application 

Hey, after reading your post, I realized that I made that mistake as well. I found it misleading that the documents the NHSC Scholarship generated for you (like the Verification of Good Standing) didn’t have a section to put your discipline. They only asked for full name and SSN. 

I’m hoping that as long as your first and last name was on all documents, everything will be okay. At this point it’s too late to fix it. And idk if calling their help line would do any good? I’ve called before for a separate question, and never got a concrete answer since responders are reading from a manual. 

I guess let’s just hope for the best? *sighs*

If it helps, I asked if it was necessary for me to to resubmit all documents with the last 4 of SSN, name and discipline during the Q & A when I realized that my first ref. letter did not contain that info.; the response was that it was not an issue. However, I did make sure to place that info on each essay.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/7/2019 at 8:35 PM, lschwart10 said:

Hi all,

I sent the verification form to my schools financial aid office and they replied that their PA program does not participate in the program. Anybody and any experience with this situation?

@lschwart10 I also had this issue and was unable to resolve it prior to submitting. SO FRUSTRATING. Any idea if there's a way to do this post-hoc?

• 3 weeks later...
11 hours ago, JohnnyLAX9 said:

How can you tell if you have your credit checked on CreditKarma?

So if you log in, on the home page click credit, and it will show you your trans union credit score, but you can also click to see your equifax credit score. If you scroll down to see the factors affecting your credit score, one of the categories is “hard inquiries”. If you click here, it should show you if you have a hard inquiry from “Credco”. Good luck!

Edited by JaimeC

Guest thatgirlonabike

Mine has not been checked.  I was one of the people who forgot to put my name and SS number on top of all of my documents so let that be a warning for everyone next year!!

I have years of relative experience working with underserved communities so I feel like I would have made it through the initial screening if I hadn't messed this part up.  

Edited by thatgirlonabike

15 hours ago, PAdreamzzz said:

I received my credit check from Credco on 7/15/19. I did not put my SSN and discipline on all of the supporting documents, but still got the 1st round credit check. Don’t lose hope! 

Ok whew that is good news I was so worried I messed up my application with a minor detail! Thanks, I will keep waiting! 

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/19/2019 at 5:47 PM, PAdreamzzz said:

I received my credit check from Credco on 7/15/19. I did not put my SSN and discipline on all of the supporting documents, but still got the 1st round credit check. Don’t lose hope! 

This is so great to hear!  I didn’t come to the forum until after the deadline. Good luck to everyone! 

Edited by Melva

Congrats for everyone how received a finalist email! I think you can feel pretty optimistic that the contracts will be countersigned 🙂

Historically, a 2nd round of finalists get notified a week after the 1st round so try to keep your chin-up up if you haven't heard back yet! 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1