DFW CUSH job opening!

I don't want to hear anyone whine about how there isn't a good job opening in DFW because here it is for the right minded person.  Do a search for prior posts of mine from about a year plus ago and you'll see this position opening.  NP leaving for reasons unknown but regardless it doesn't get any easier than this!  Local school district self-managed clinic.  Three prior providers that I've worked with.  One fairly new and needed something else to keep his skills up (PA) so he went Ortho.  NP left to return to La.  Most recent one resigned today.

- Snot/cough, flu, funk eye (everything is "pink eye" so they say), UTI, school athletic/camp PE's, only abdominal assessment is for surgical abdomen/or GI associated dehydration and then OTD.  No immunizations/GYN/adult wellness exams.  Plenty of time during summer especially to peruse the web or read a reference book typically.

- No MS injuries/LBP

- You AREN'T the PCP so no narcs/controlled substances or management of chronic conditions.  Yes, NO management of chronic conditions.

- No call or weekends

- Great for someone like myself in the twilight years or maybe someone who likes UC but wants it easier.  You actually do get to see some pathology if you keep an open mind and have a keen eye!

- No billing/coding skills.  We only charge a $10 admin fee and an extra $10 if they need a neb treatment (maybe 2-3 over 3+ years?).  No insurance billing.

-Clientele are district employees or eligible dependents.  2 y/o and up.

-SP's are off-site but down the tollway and are FANTASTIC (don't tell them I said this).  Monthly meetings are at nearby restaurants and on their dime.

- Here are the hours.  During the school year, M-Th 10-6 (30" lunch), F 7:30-4 (one hour lunch).  Roughly 8-10 weeks during the summer, M-Th 7:30-5 and off on Fridays.  Walk-ins 10-1 or 7:30-12 depending on day of week.  Appts. only in afternoon unless someone walks in and there's an open slot (usually is).  2+5 days off/year plus two week Christmas break (I started after 4 pm today and will return 1/3/19 I think).  There is a one time 225 hour load as I recall for extended time off.  You are also off the week of July 4th without having to burn vaca days.  Dues paid and I've been a cheap CME date so I don't know what a cap would be though the NP's didn't waste time going to meetings.  Typically bennies, including a PENSION (minimum time is 5 years to qualify) w/ 403/457b options.

- EMR is Cerner PowerChart (love me some templates)

- position won't be posted till after 1/8/19 since they/HR/Admin couldn't get it posted today, I presume due to Christmas parties (ha!), so that leaves me flying solo during flu season continuation.  If interested, keep an eye out at www.GarlandISD.net under Professional employment listings.

- PM me if you want more info.  My numbers for this year, per month were:  442 (only myself), 326, 161, 216, 202, 111, 61 (closed week of 7/4), 115, 167, 227, 260, 207 (out this last week and a half).  Total is 2495/2018 year.  A VERY busy day is 25 and extremely rare (I think max has been 27 by myself?); most are in the teens.  You can easily see 4/hour and be completely charted w/o breaking a sweat, especially if you design templates (which I have).

I NEED A PA IN THIS POSITION!!!

• 2 weeks later...

All right, job should be posting this week.  Great work environment.  We (I) need you NOW after having worked the last three flu seasons solo.  No going home and losing sleep or fretting.  Salary is competitive, especially for job description.  For those of you in DFW that want the good life you need to be applying this week through the district website, and it should be listed under "Professional" positions.  I don't want to hear anyone complain about a lack of good, quality PA jobs in DFW.  If you do, I swear I'll come back and haunt you in your other position and be the worst patient you could dream of.  I will want nothing but controlled substances and I'll complain to management every opportunity that I get.

If interested, PM me so I can let our clinic manager know to watch for your application.

13 hours ago, GetMeOuttaThisMess said:

All right, job should be posting this week.  Great work environment.  We (I) need you NOW after having worked the last three flu seasons solo.  No going home and losing sleep or fretting.  Salary is competitive, especially for job description.  For those of you in DFW that want the good life you need to be applying this week through the district website, and it should be listed under "Professional" positions.  I don't want to hear anyone complain about a lack of good, quality PA jobs in DFW.  If you do, I swear I'll come back and haunt you in your other position and be the worst patient you could dream of.  I will want nothing but controlled substances and I'll complain to management every opportunity that I get.

If interested, PM me so I can let our clinic manager know to watch for your application.

^^^  ROFL Nice 😄

We have a wonky system tailored toward teachers. Other professionals have to read between the lines regarding information requested, or as in this case, may require assistance from HR personnel.

Addendum: wonky system refers to the online application process. Now that I think about it, I’m not sure that I remember an easy online application process.

Archived