Lipscomb 2018-2019 Applicants

34 minutes ago, CMPA2 said:

Just got my denial email. Good luck everyone

Did you get a rejection to interview or rejection to acceptance? Just remember that we are all in the same boat and one place will be the perfect fit!! Keep your head up! I have gotten many rejections too and Im trying to stay positive too! Keep up the hard work ? 

Guest cgarbison
1 hour ago, JohnnyLAX9 said:

I also got my rejection email. Truly a bummer because I have heard great things about Lipscomb in general. Seeing their average stats though I just wasn't what they were looking for.  Good luck to everyone else!

When did you apply? I haven't heard anything back from them, so I am trying to get a gauge on what I should be expecting. So sorry to hear that though. Don't get discouraged!

3 hours ago, JohnnyLAX9 said:

I already got in at another school so its not a big deal. I submitted my application on 7/6.

It's ok Johnny... ? 

Man I'm hoping I get in here! I've dreamed about attending this program since last year's interview! And to everyone who is anxiously waiting to hear back from Lipscomb or any other school: You're not alone! I'm happy to discuss my difficult time getting into PA school (its my second cycle and have had 0 acceptances thus far) while seemingly everyone around me is getting in. Please message me if you'd like to want to talk to someone who understands your pain!

Dylan

Edited by DNeal57
  • Like 1

It's ok Johnny... [emoji846] 
Man I'm hoping I get in here! I've dreamed about attending this program since last year's interview! And to everyone who is anxiously waiting to hear back from Lipscomb or any other school: You're not alone! I'm happy to discuss my difficult time getting into PA school (its my second cycle and have had 0 acceptances thus far) while seemingly everyone around me is getting in. Please message me if you'd like to want to talk to someone who understands your pain!
Dylan
I'm in the same boat. second time applicant just waiting for an answer lol

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

On 10/15/2018 at 10:38 PM, JL538 said:

I'll be interviewing in December, but has anyone heard if they'll be gaining full accreditation? On their website it says they have provisional accreditation. 

Provisional accreditation IS full accreditation. Provisional accreditation is simply the only accrediting status a new program can receive. Lipscomb has met professional standards for every ARC-PA standard so don't let the "provisional" status deter you! They are just waiting for its first cohort of students to graduate to become Accreditation-Continued. More information can be found here if you're confused about the term: http://www.arc-pa.org/accreditation/provisional-accreditation/ 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, cgarbison said:

What are your stats if you don’t mind me asking?

Major: health science/microbiology 

gpa:3.72

science gpa:3.60

gre:297 (low?—they don’t require GRE)

Direct patient care: over 2,000 hours working as a phlebotomist between both a plasma center and hospital (still working 40+ hours/week)

Volunteer: 350+ hours—big brother, big sister, RAM clinics, Good Samaritan Ministries, academic tutoring, youth tennis clinics 

shadowing: 500+ hours between PAs, NPs, and MDs in cardiology, internal medicine, critical care, pediatrics, family medicine, radiology, etc. (both clinic and hospital settings) 

research: 150+ hours independent research in microbiology (both volunteer and for credit hours)—publication pending

recomendations: family medicine PA, EP cardiology MD, former Anatomy professor, research professor/mentor, undergraduate academic advisor for the college of health science 

On 10/17/2018 at 7:49 PM, albae said:

I'm in the same boat. second time applicant just waiting for an answer lol

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Were you waitlisted last year after your interview? I am also a second year applicant to this program and have not heard anything at all this year which is a little odd to me.