23 minutes ago, katiecat said:

I just received an email to schedule an interview last week and they had received my application on September 7. There were dates available to interview through early December, so I would say there is still hope of getting invited to interview. Good luck!

Good to know! Now I am getting worried. Submitted 6/25 with an outstanding prereq. Finished  prereq on 7/29. App considered completed on 8/6. Haven't heard anything. No news is good news I suppose. 

I just received the following email: 

"Hello,

Congratulations! You have been selected to interview with Nova Southeastern University Orlando PA Program. Your official interview invitation will be sent to you by the end of the business day on Thursday (details regarding registration for an interview day will be in that e-mail). If you do not receive your invitation by Thursday evening, please e-mail me so I can look into the matter on Friday.

You are receiving this e-mail because we need to inform you of the current status of our admissions cycle prior to your decision of whether or not to interview with us.

We anticipate that all seats will be filled after our October 24 interview date. This status changes continually throughout the admissions process as seats will intermittently open up (especially after our final deposit deadline in February). We will continue to interview competitive candidates until the end of February. Please be aware of the following decisions that may be made by the Committee on Admissions (COA) based on your interview with our program:

• DENY – not offered admission / seat
  • ALTERNATE – placed on an unranked waitlist; ALTERNATE applicants are reviewed when seats become available after exhausting the ACCEPT HOLD list. Most competitive ALTERNATE, as determined by the COA, is offered the vacant seat. Process continues as necessary to fill any vacant seats.
  • ACCEPT HOLD – possible decision only if all seats are filled at time of interview; candidates given ACCEPT HOLD decision would have been selected as an accepted student had there been seats available at the time the candidate interviewed. ACCEPT HOLD candidates will be on an ordered list first based on the candidate’s interview date and then ordered by the candidate’s competiveness as determined by the COA. No deposit required until status is updated to ACCEPT.
  • ACCEPT – offered admission / seat if seats are available at time of interview

While we encourage all candidates offered an interview to continue with the admissions process, especially if we are one of your top choices, we wanted to be transparent with regards to where we are at in the cycle at this time so that you may make an informed decision about proceeding with your application.

NOTE: If you decide to decline your interview invitation with our program, please e-mail me directly so that your application can be withdrawn.

Thank you for your attention to this matter. If you have any questions, please reach out to me!"

31 minutes ago, ammelton said:

Daydreamy,  How did it go? ?

The program is excellent. The staff were dressed in costumes... It was so freaking cute. I have to admit I was pretty scared?? I don't know what came over me, but I may have let my anxiety take over. That being said, I'm grateful that I had the opportunity to interview with them ?

Just so folks know, prior to our interview, they already had four people on their "accept hold" list, but they said they expect about half of accepted students to decline their invitations.

On 10/23/2018 at 11:46 AM, daydreamy said:

I just received the following email: 

"Hello,

Congratulations! You have been selected to interview with Nova Southeastern University Orlando PA Program. Your official interview invitation will be sent to you by the end of the business day on Thursday (details regarding registration for an interview day will be in that e-mail). If you do not receive your invitation by Thursday evening, please e-mail me so I can look into the matter on Friday.

You are receiving this e-mail because we need to inform you of the current status of our admissions cycle prior to your decision of whether or not to interview with us.

We anticipate that all seats will be filled after our October 24 interview date. This status changes continually throughout the admissions process as seats will intermittently open up (especially after our final deposit deadline in February). We will continue to interview competitive candidates until the end of February. Please be aware of the following decisions that may be made by the Committee on Admissions (COA) based on your interview with our program:

• DENY – not offered admission / seat
  • ALTERNATE – placed on an unranked waitlist; ALTERNATE applicants are reviewed when seats become available after exhausting the ACCEPT HOLD list. Most competitive ALTERNATE, as determined by the COA, is offered the vacant seat. Process continues as necessary to fill any vacant seats.
  • ACCEPT HOLD – possible decision only if all seats are filled at time of interview; candidates given ACCEPT HOLD decision would have been selected as an accepted student had there been seats available at the time the candidate interviewed. ACCEPT HOLD candidates will be on an ordered list first based on the candidate’s interview date and then ordered by the candidate’s competiveness as determined by the COA. No deposit required until status is updated to ACCEPT.
  • ACCEPT – offered admission / seat if seats are available at time of interview

While we encourage all candidates offered an interview to continue with the admissions process, especially if we are one of your top choices, we wanted to be transparent with regards to where we are at in the cycle at this time so that you may make an informed decision about proceeding with your application.

NOTE: If you decide to decline your interview invitation with our program, please e-mail me directly so that your application can be withdrawn.

Thank you for your attention to this matter. If you have any questions, please reach out to me!"

Do all Nova campuses have this heirarchy :  Deny, Alternate, Accept Hold and Accept?  I am an alternate for Ft. Myers, I didnt realize there was also an Accept hold list!

7 hours ago, Marla said:

Do all Nova campuses have this heirarchy :  Deny, Alternate, Accept Hold and Accept?  I am an alternate for Ft. Myers, I didnt realize there was also an Accept hold list!

It seems like they all do it the same way, but from what I can remember from my interview, which was back in August, they said they typically go pretty deep into the alternate list! I doubt they are going to put an abundance of people on the alternate list, so being an alternate definitely isn't the worst outcome you could have! Remember, as daydreamy stated, they expect about half of those people who are accepted to decline their offer, which is likely around the same with other NOVA campuses. Each campus has classes of like 60-70 students, which means that they probably expect like 30 individuals to decline their acceptance offer. Even if you are an alternate at multiple campuses, that would just give you an even better chance of getting into one of the campuses, or even another campus that you interviewed at. And also, the accept hold list is more than likely a fraction of the size of the alternate list, and honestly several individuals on the accept hold list could receive offers elsewhere and withdraw themselves from the accept hold list! If you want to get into one of the NOVA campuses, there seems to still be plenty of opportunity to do so, so I would not worry as much about the lists and just make sure to have the best possible interview that you can. If the best you can do is get yourself put on the accept hold list, you will more than likely get in, especially when considering the fact that I've heard that they go a good ways into the alternate list to fill their classes. In the end, they have to go through the accept hold list before the alternate list, so just do the best you can to have a great interview!

Edited by MCEmit

On 11/2/2018 at 9:51 PM, MCEmit said:

It seems like they all do it the same way, but from what I can remember from my interview, which was back in August, they said they typically go pretty deep into the alternate list! I doubt they are going to put an abundance of people on the alternate list, so being an alternate definitely isn't the worst outcome you could have! Remember, as daydreamy stated, they expect about half of those people who are accepted to decline their offer, which is likely around the same with other NOVA campuses. Each campus has classes of like 60-70 students, which means that they probably expect like 30 individuals to decline their acceptance offer. Even if you are an alternate at multiple campuses, that would just give you an even better chance of getting into one of the campuses, or even another campus that you interviewed at. And also, the accept hold list is more than likely a fraction of the size of the alternate list, and honestly several individuals on the accept hold list could receive offers elsewhere and withdraw themselves from the accept hold list! If you want to get into one of the NOVA campuses, there seems to still be plenty of opportunity to do so, so I would not worry as much about the lists and just make sure to have the best possible interview that you can. If the best you can do is get yourself put on the accept hold list, you will more than likely get in, especially when considering the fact that I've heard that they go a good ways into the alternate list to fill their classes. In the end, they have to go through the accept hold list before the alternate list, so just do the best you can to have a great interview!

thank you for your insight on this- I have only been offered one interview for the Nova schools, so hopefully that "alternate" holds up!

I interviewed on October 17th and got an acceptance call on the 22nd! I loved the staff and the students who were there that day were great, too. I really felt at ease there. The interview itself consisted of pretty standard interview questions - 3 rooms, 2 interviewers in each room, 8ish minutes per room with time for you to ask questions at the end. They really just want to get to know you. Try to relax, be yourself. ?
That being said, I'll be giving up my seat due to an acceptance elsewhere. It was a tough decision. Anyone who attends this program will for sure have a great experience. Good luck and congrats to all who have made it this far!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, Student0024 said:

I interviewed 10/31, received my accept hold letter in the mail on 11/3, and received an accept call this morning (11/6). I am so happy and excited and would love to answer any questions anyone has!!

Congrats!!!!! Any additional tips? Others have said it's important to be yourself in the interview.