I guess I'll get this started because I have a question!

Has anyone gotten to the section on the supplemental that asks about the other PA programs your applying to? Do you know why this information might be relevant? I haven't been asked this question by other schools!

I'm working on the supplemental app right now. Confused on what to put for "Describe any special circumstances that you feel might aid the Committee on Admissions in evaluating your application." 

what kind of info did you all put? 

50 minutes ago, emi12 said:

I'm working on the supplemental app right now. Confused on what to put for "Describe any special circumstances that you feel might aid the Committee on Admissions in evaluating your application." 

what kind of info did you all put? 

I put that I worked full time 45+ hours a week while enrolled in 18+ credit hours a semester. 

Just something to let them know how you stand out from others. 

I have ave heard of others putting prior hardships they have overcome..etc. 

just be honest with whatever you put because it could always come up in an interview 

• Like 1

Interviewing at NOVA on August 29th!! Super exciting!

I submitted everything on June 17th!

Edited by MCEmit
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, MCEmit said:

Interviewing at NOVA on August 29th!! Super exciting!

I submitted everything on June 17th!

Congrats!! Did you receive call or email? ?

14 minutes ago, daydreamy said:

Congrats!! Did you receive call or email? ?

Received an email with a link that allowed me to choose from several different dates. Really nice scheduling system they have!

• Upvote 1

Congrats to everyone receiving interview invites!! For those of you that did, do any of you mind sharing your stats? If not that’s totally fine. Thanks in advance and best of luck to everyone:)

1 hour ago, PAtobe33 said:

Congrats to everyone receiving interview invites!! For those of you that did, do any of you mind sharing your stats? If not that’s totally fine. Thanks in advance and best of luck to everyone:)

cGPA: 3.7

sGPA: 3.6

GRE: 308, 4 on writing

PCE: 5000+ hours (EMT-B, Emergency Services Tech in Pedi ED, Critical Care Tech in Transplant ICU, PCA - cardiac telemetry) 

Volunteer: around 200 hrs (Global medical trips to Dominican Republic/ Haiti and Nicaragua)

Shadowing: PA for 190 hrs (two summers)

Academic Peer Mentor during undergrad. 

24 years old

Edited by MCEmit
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, MCEmit said:

cGPA: 3.7

sGPA: 3.6

GRE: 308, 4 on writing

PCE: 5000+ hours (EMT-B, Emergency Services Tech in Pedi ED, Critical Care Tech in Transplant ICU, PCA - cardiac telemetry) 

Volunteer: around 200 hrs (Global medical trips to Dominican Republic/ Haiti and Nicaragua)

Shadowing: PA for 190 hrs (two summers)

Academic Peer Mentor during undergrad. 

Awesome background, congrats!!

• Like 1

Has anyone received an interview and/or acceptance for this cycle that wouldn't mind posting what there stats were Overall GPA, Science GPA, and GRE Scores)? 

Thank you, 

Interviewing on August 29th! 

Stats:

cGPA: 3.3

sGPA: 3.4

GRE: 306, writing-4

PCE: over 7000 hours (mostly Scribe, ED and private practice office, and phlebotomy) 

Volunteer: around 100 hrs 

Shadowing: over 200

Does anyone have any idea about what the interview entails? Do they utilize MMI, Group, Essay, One on One, etc. and if its all day or only a few hours?