I guess I'll get this started because I have a question!

Has anyone gotten to the section on the supplemental that asks about the other PA programs your applying to? Do you know why this information might be relevant? I haven't been asked this question by other schools!

I'm working on the supplemental app right now. Confused on what to put for "Describe any special circumstances that you feel might aid the Committee on Admissions in evaluating your application." 

what kind of info did you all put? 

50 minutes ago, emi12 said:

I'm working on the supplemental app right now. Confused on what to put for "Describe any special circumstances that you feel might aid the Committee on Admissions in evaluating your application." 

what kind of info did you all put? 

I put that I worked full time 45+ hours a week while enrolled in 18+ credit hours a semester. 

Just something to let them know how you stand out from others. 

I have ave heard of others putting prior hardships they have overcome..etc. 

just be honest with whatever you put because it could always come up in an interview 

• Like 1

Interviewing at NOVA on August 29th!! Super exciting!

I submitted everything on June 17th!

Edited by MCEmit
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, MCEmit said:

Interviewing at NOVA on August 29th!! Super exciting!

I submitted everything on June 17th!

Congrats!! Did you receive call or email? ?

14 minutes ago, daydreamy said:

Congrats!! Did you receive call or email? ?

Received an email with a link that allowed me to choose from several different dates. Really nice scheduling system they have!

• Upvote 1

Congrats to everyone receiving interview invites!! For those of you that did, do any of you mind sharing your stats? If not that’s totally fine. Thanks in advance and best of luck to everyone:)

1 hour ago, PAtobe33 said:

Congrats to everyone receiving interview invites!! For those of you that did, do any of you mind sharing your stats? If not that’s totally fine. Thanks in advance and best of luck to everyone:)

cGPA: 3.7

sGPA: 3.6

GRE: 308, 4 on writing

PCE: 5000+ hours (EMT-B, Emergency Services Tech in Pedi ED, Critical Care Tech in Transplant ICU, PCA - cardiac telemetry) 

Volunteer: around 200 hrs (Global medical trips to Dominican Republic/ Haiti and Nicaragua)

Shadowing: PA for 190 hrs (two summers)

Academic Peer Mentor during undergrad. 

24 years old

Edited by MCEmit
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, MCEmit said:

cGPA: 3.7

sGPA: 3.6

GRE: 308, 4 on writing

PCE: 5000+ hours (EMT-B, Emergency Services Tech in Pedi ED, Critical Care Tech in Transplant ICU, PCA - cardiac telemetry) 

Volunteer: around 200 hrs (Global medical trips to Dominican Republic/ Haiti and Nicaragua)

Shadowing: PA for 190 hrs (two summers)

Academic Peer Mentor during undergrad. 

Awesome background, congrats!!

• Like 1

Has anyone received an interview and/or acceptance for this cycle that wouldn't mind posting what there stats were Overall GPA, Science GPA, and GRE Scores)? 

Thank you, 

Interviewing on August 29th! 

Stats:

cGPA: 3.3

sGPA: 3.4

GRE: 306, writing-4

PCE: over 7000 hours (mostly Scribe, ED and private practice office, and phlebotomy) 

Volunteer: around 100 hrs 

Shadowing: over 200

Does anyone have any idea about what the interview entails? Do they utilize MMI, Group, Essay, One on One, etc. and if its all day or only a few hours?

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By Jaykayleen
      As someone who has a noncompetitive GPA, I am considering pursuing a Master's in Biomedical Sciences to show programs that my study habits and academic performance has most certainly improved. 
      -Does anyone know if grades received in a master's program help boost the overall GPA?
      - Would the science courses taken at a grad level count for PA school pre-reqs?
      -Any tips/advice from those that have taken this route?

I appreciate you taking the time to help 🙂
    • By PAshleyS
      Hi, everyone!
      What are your thoughts on applying to programs with a ARC-PA probationary accreditation status (i.e., "Accreditation-Probation")?
      I'm a first-time applicant, and a couple schools that I have my eye on currently have probationary statuses (Johnson & Wales University; Monmouth University). I was wondering if it's worth applying to said schools, especially to ones that have had a probationary status for more than two years. 
      Although these schools are still considered accredited, is it safe to apply to & then attend these schools? Do these schools prepare students to become competent & trustworthy healthcare professionals? Are these schools worth the debt? My concern is enrolling in a school with probationary accreditation and graduating as a sub par PA-C, but those are just my uncertain sentiments at the moment. 
      Moreover, I've read that applying to these schools may be advantageous to some who aren't considered "strong applicants" (e.g., average grades/GRE). On the other hand, I've seen "strong applicants" display their admiration & loyalty to these schools here on PA Forum. I'm confused! Let's open up the discussion!
    • By emilymuff
      I am sure this has been asked before, if so, please forward it to me. But when writing out the description and responsibilities of your various experiences, should the format be a list/bullet point or more of a thoughtful written out paragraph? 
      What I have so far (in an excel sheet), is a list of my responsibilities with a small blurb of something I learned during that experience. 
      Here is an example of one of my work experiences:
      Active duty Navy, worked in hospitals on land and sea             Prepared operating room for surgery                 In charge of setting up sterile supplies                 Assisted the nurse and/or PA in positioning the patient on the operating table         Prepped the patient by shaving, washing, and disinfecting the surgical site         Applied sterile surgical drapes on the patient                Passed surgical instruments to the physician                Assisted the physician during the surgery                 Sutured incision site                   Applied wound dressings                   Learned that each member of the operating room team, regardless of education level, plays a vital role in the patient's safety  
      Any advice/experience is much appreciated
      Emily 
    • By chrissy88
      I started a job as a CNA in a hospital shortly after submitting my CASPA application to schools. However, since it is a current position that I plan on staying in until I start a program, how do I maintain my CASPA application, specifically the "number of weeks" section required for the experience? I do not have an acceptance this cycle as of now, and I want to keep schools I haven't heard back from up to date. I don't know whether to put in 52 weeks in that section since I will be there for approximately one year from my start date even if I get into a program this cycle, or just keep updating it every week that goes by? Right now I have 52 weeks in that section with a disclaimer explaining my start date and plans to keep the position until I start a program in the "description/key responsibilities" section under it. Please share your own experiences, I can't be the only one in this dilemma! Thanks in advance 🙂
    • By Jaykayleen
      I was checking my verified application & I have “Punjabi” listed under “native language”.  On CASPA my response to “first language” was “Punjabi”.   To clarify, I am fluent in English. (I’ve been speaking English since I was 5!! I answered to "first language" quite literally.) Will I run into any problem with PA programs? Would they assume otherwise?   --I was born in California and went to schools K-12 in Cali and then Uni of Cali, Santa Cruz for undergrad. Has anyone else experienced this?
      **The application is locked & I am unable to change it to English**

Important Information

Welcome to the Physician Assistant Forum! This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. Learn More