FSU application cycle 2018-2019

I agree with Amanda, you should definitely go to the interview. They are expanding to a 60 student class size and to my knowledge more than 75% of the acceptances have not been given out yet.

Also, I would recommend checking out the book How To "Ace" The Physician Assistant School Interview by Andrew Rodican before your interview.

4 minutes ago, FISHM said:

I agree with Amanda, you should definitely go to the interview. They are expanding to a 60 student class size and to my knowledge more than 75% of the acceptances have not been given out yet.

Also, I would recommend checking out the book How To "Ace" The Physician Assistant School Interview by Andrew Rodican before your interview.

Thank you all for your encouragement! I was rejected by nova because my science gpa was slightly lower than the rest of the applicant pool so I’m nervous the same will occur with FSU. But I’m definitely excited for the opportunity to prove myself! 

On 11/5/2018 at 8:37 PM, Naiaalessandra said:

Hi all!

Just received an invitation invite but am unable to attend until December 3. Realistically, is there a chance for an acceptance that late? Any advice on the interviews? This is my second cycle applying but have not been accepted as of yet, I am assuming because of my interview skills (or lack thereof). Any insight wold be greatly appreciated!

Definitely still interview would be my advice! It doesn't hurt to. As far as the interview goes I was just completely myself. They tell you before the interview that they know we aren't clinicians yet and that you might not feel good about all your answers which is why there is 10 total! I was just myself and very honest with each question and while I was extremely nervous it felt easy to just be me. I wouldn't stress about it too much they are all very nice!

2 hours ago, HopefulPA26 said:

Are they still sending out interview invites? I applied back in July but have not heard anything back as of yet. I emailed the program about it but never received a reply.

I'm in the same boat. I think Hurricane Michael really pushed back the admissions process. Hopefully, we'll hear something soon. My email can't take much more refreshing.

On 11/5/2018 at 8:37 PM, Naiaalessandra said:

Hi all!

Just received an invitation invite but am unable to attend until December 3. Realistically, is there a chance for an acceptance that late? Any advice on the interviews? This is my second cycle applying but have not been accepted as of yet, I am assuming because of my interview skills (or lack thereof). Any insight wold be greatly appreciated!

Yes, absolutely interview. While a few individuals will be offered a seat after their respective interviews, the vast majority of offers go out after ALL interviews have taken place. Good luck and read through the thread for tips on the process. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

quick question for anyone that knows: 

for those of you that have been accepted, Im trying to check my status on whether they have received the forms that I had to submit in order to accept the offer, but the link which they said to use doesn't work for me! I emailed and called today, but haven't heard back ..

I was just curious to see how any of you guys checked this status and made sure all your information was in on time so your spot wasn't lost, or if the link worked correctly for you guys? 

thanks!!! 

1 hour ago, mac95 said:

quick question for anyone that knows: 

for those of you that have been accepted, Im trying to check my status on whether they have received the forms that I had to submit in order to accept the offer, but the link which they said to use doesn't work for me! I emailed and called today, but haven't heard back ..

I was just curious to see how any of you guys checked this status and made sure all your information was in on time so your spot wasn't lost, or if the link worked correctly for you guys? 

thanks!!! 

Hello

I contacted them today. They said that there may have been some delays in the holidays. It normally takes 7-10 business days but i was a able to get in contact with the enrollment associate for another option since the 2 week acceptance was almost up. Also the check status has been down all weekend. IT fixed the issue today but I do not think the enrollment associate was able to input any updated information. 

Edited by cw117

5 hours ago, PAdude96 said:

Hello! For anyone that has already interviewed, can you share what the interview day is like? Just the time frames, I am trying to figure out hotels/how long I will be staying. Thanks!

Interview begins at 8am and concludes at 1:30 pm. I’d arrive the day before.