FSU application cycle 2018-2019

4 hours ago, cw117 said:

How did your interview go? 

It was great, really well organized. I realized a little bit into the mmi that I was more nervous than I thought I would be. So my advice for anyone would be just to stay calm! It was still a very exciting and fun experience, especially since this was my first interview.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Egall002 said:

Hey everyone! So I interviewed on October 1st and was wondering if anyone has heard when they will be letting us know decisions. I completely forgot to ask during the interview and figured before I emailed Cyndi I'd check here. 

Also, good luck to anyone interviewing on Monday! You guys will do great! 

Nevermind! Just got a call with an acceptance! So excited for this new journey and good luck to all the future interviews!! 

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, MW2017 said:

Congrats on those getting accepted! I'm still holding out for an invite. I was looking through last year's thread and was curious if the interview sessions are still limited to 20 invites per session?

Also, is the 2021 class size going to 60 this cycle?

There were 20 in my interview group this year. They also let us know that the 2021 class will be 60 students.

• Upvote 1

On 10/16/2018 at 11:46 AM, cg1796 said:

Has anyone heard back from the October 8th interview? I'd imagine things are delayed due to Hurricane Michael. 

I had an interview October 1st and heard a phone call that Friday. She said the acceptance email to reserve a seat would be sent out the next week but that was before they knew about the hurricane. I emailed Cyndi this past Monday and she said since the University closed down there were delays and the emails from October 1st interview would be sent out late this week. I'd imagine the staff is still catching up from last week about decisions from October 8th so I wouldn't worry too much if you haven't heard anything yet!

Hey everyone! Has anyone received a call from FSU from the October 8th interview? I was directly hit by Hurricane Michael so I've been out of touch. My family and are okay though! I've been bothering poor Mrs. Cyndi while I'm out at the beach and have service. She said immedate acceptance phone calls should go out this week. 

• Like 1

Congrats to everyone being accepted, that's so exciting!  For those of you who havent heard anything realize theyll take a few from each interview group but the majority will be at the end after all of the interviews have been completed.  So dont beat yourself up. It's not over till it's over. 

• Like 2

On 10/23/2018 at 5:34 PM, TomB said:

Congrats to everyone being accepted, that's so exciting!  For those of you who havent heard anything realize theyll take a few from each interview group but the majority will be at the end after all of the interviews have been completed.  So dont beat yourself up. It's not over till it's over. 

Are they still sending out interview invites, Tom that you are aware of?

Hello all,

Once again, congratulations to those that have been accepted! Myself and other members from the class of 2020 have created a Facebook group for the accepted students of the class of 2021. If you have been accepted, feel free to join the group titled “Florida State University Physician Assistant Program Class Of 2021.” We are available to help in any way we can and are open to any questions.

Also, as Tom stated, it’s not over till it’s over. There are still many acceptances to go out.

• Like 1

Hey Guys! I am also a FSU PA-S first year with FISHM (Mason). Congrats to those who are accepted already and for those of you still waiting, don't stress yourself out! I didn't find out till the first week of December that I was accepted. Like Tom said, the majority will find out after all the interviews have been complete. Feel free to ask me any questions as well ? 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, FISHM said:

Hello all,

Once again, congratulations to those that have been accepted! Myself and other members from the class of 2020 have created a Facebook group for the accepted students of the class of 2021. If you have been accepted, feel free to join the group titled “Florida State University Physician Assistant Program Class Of 2021.” We are available to help in any way we can and are open to any questions.

Also, as Tom stated, it’s not over till it’s over. There are still many acceptances to go out.

If you have been accepted, please shoot us a message with your name so that Mason or I can accept your request for the Facebook page when it comes across. If not we will have to wait for Cyndi to tell us if the person making the request was accepted or not.  

• Like 1

Hi all!

Just received an invitation invite but am unable to attend until December 3. Realistically, is there a chance for an acceptance that late? Any advice on the interviews? This is my second cycle applying but have not been accepted as of yet, I am assuming because of my interview skills (or lack thereof). Any insight wold be greatly appreciated!

7 hours ago, Naiaalessandra said:

Hi all!

Just received an invitation invite but am unable to attend until December 3. Realistically, is there a chance for an acceptance that late? Any advice on the interviews? This is my second cycle applying but have not been accepted as of yet, I am assuming because of my interview skills (or lack thereof). Any insight wold be greatly appreciated!

You should still go to the interview! ? they are increasing the class size up to 60 students this year. I interviewed yesterday and enjoyed my experience. The interview questions were kinda stressful because you're timed at each station and rotate to the next room but it became fun like a game eventually and I became less nervous. Fingers crossed on getting accepted!!

22 hours ago, Naiaalessandra said:

Hi all!

Congrats on an interview! I would still interview since not all spots may be filled at that point. Plus, if interviewing is your weakness, it'll be good practice for you as well. It could turn out not to even be practice and turn out to be a success!