Western 2018-2019 Application Cycle

16 minutes ago, KateSD said:

Somebody told me that early acceptances are super rare and mostly happen to those who are out of state. I'm curious how accurate it is (?) Congrats guys who got accepted! Are you from CA?

12 minutes ago, KateSD said:

One more question for you guys who got accepted. Do you see any changes on your Application Status Page at https://apply.westernu.edu/apply/status  ?

Hi there! Thanks! I'm not sure about that, but I received an early acceptance and I am from California - just about 30 minutes away from campus. And yes, I was notified via email about a status change on that page. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, KateSD said:

One more question for you guys who got accepted. Do you see any changes on your Application Status Page at https://apply.westernu.edu/apply/status  ?

Hi there! I interviewed 2/12 and just received an email saying there was an update in my application status. Upon logging in, it had my acceptance letter. 

I’m from about 1.5 hours away from the campus in CA. 

Wishing you luck!! 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, KateSD said:

Somebody told me that early acceptances are super rare and mostly happen to those who are out of state. I'm curious how accurate it is (?) Congrats guys who got accepted! Are you from CA?

Hi Kate, I am from SoCal and received an acceptance the day after my interview. So while early acceptances are rare, I don't believe they are limited to those who are out of state. And if you haven't heard back yet, stay positive because I've heard that the remaining ~90% of applicants don't hear back until March. Best of luck!!

• Upvote 1

@docsls6 yes mine had my interview date up until I actually had the interview.

@SoCaliPrePA It seems like the first week of March may be the end.  I know! I am super anxious too😩

@SurenShaginianbest of luck to you and all who are pending interviews!

@PrePA1819early planning is always the way to go! p.s. go for it so if I get accepted I can use the gym there...hello new friend! 🤣

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

What are your guys' thoughts about attending Ketchum vs. Western? I am on the wait list  for both programs.  I liked both programs a lot, they are just very different: their teaching styles, class sizes, location, and environments. One thing to consider is that Ketchum is accredited provisional. Just considering both in case I get off the wait list. How are you guys handling this/ what are your thoughts?

1 minute ago, physassistant4 said:

What are your guys' thoughts about attending Ketchum vs. Western? I am on the wait list  for both programs.  I liked both programs a lot, they are just very different: their teaching styles, class sizes, location, and environments. One thing to consider is that Ketchum is accredited provisional. Just considering both in case I get off the wait list. How are you guys handling this/ what are your thoughts?

Hmm I don’t know too much about Ketchum but I am wondering when you got your WL letter from Western?! I thought they were sending out letters until March

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, sondrra said:

Kg311, we are soooo close! I wait is killing me 💀💀💀 I cant remember, but they said we should hear around the second week of march right? 

Sondrra, yes I believe so! I am just surprised that they are already handing out waitlists 😂

Edited by Kg311

On 2/8/2019 at 12:07 AM, thehopefulprepa said:

@futureePAIs this your second time applying to WesternU as well? If so, how do you think you better prepared yourself this round? Nevertheless, good luck and congrats on the interview! Hope it plays out well for you

Yes, it is my second time. I have been getting a lot more hands on experience and did a lot of mock interviews. Thank you so much!

Hi guys! I’m Jaleesa from Western U’s class of 2020! I know you all are excited about interviews and acceptances! It’s nerve racking to wait until mid-March for that letter but your patience will pay off. We are currently SUPER busy with all sorts of tests and assignments but we are setting up a Facebook page for your class and I will send you the info for that soon. We will need a picture of your acceptance letter and an photo ID sent to the email that I will provide later! Until then, sit back and enjoy this peace you have because PA schooo is going to be the fun but crazy ride! 🙂 

Edited by jaleesaw
  • Like 5
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, jaleesaw said:

Hi guys! I’m Jaleesa from Western U’s class of 2020! I know you all are excited about interviews and acceptances! It’s nerve racking to wait until mid-March for that letter but your patience will pay off. We are currently SUPER busy with all sorts of tests and assignments but we are setting up a Facebook page for your class and I will send you the info for that soon. We will need a picture of your acceptance letter and an photo ID sent to the email that I will provide later! Until then, sit back and enjoy this peace you have because PA schooo is going to be the fun but crazy ride! 🙂 

Eagerly hoping to have an acceptance letter to take a picture of!

Hi guys! I’m back! So we are still working on the Facebook page and trying to get it all cute and stuff buttttt if you have been accepted, you can email your acceptance letter and photo ID to jaleesa_watkins@yahoo.com and we can further take the steps to add you to the group so you can interact with your future classmates! The Facebook group was sooooo helpful for all of us while we were waiting to start. We will also have some of my class members on the group to answer questions and hopeful set up a live Q&A session weeks before your start date! Acceptances should be our next week sometime and tomorrow is the last interview day. I wish all of you good luck and hope to speak to you soon! 

Edited by jaleesaw
  • Like 2