Western 2018-2019 Application Cycle

On 9/12/2018 at 12:09 AM, KatherineLee said:

Congrats to everyone who received an interview! I will be applying next year and was wondering if those that received an interview can comment on if they took organic with or without a lab and if they took biochem?

Also, wondering when everyone submitted their app that has received an interview so far? 

THANKS GUYS! 

I never took Organic Chem, but I did take biochem. 

On 7/17/2018 at 11:56 AM, onedayPA7 said:

For the Western Supp App it asks for any PCE or community service not listed on CASPA. I feel weird leaving this blank because they have reserved like 3 pages of it for the application however I have listed all my experiences on CASPA other than my most recent 1 week of PCE since I submitted it. Did other people leave this blank too? Thanks 

Hi! I left mine blank too, I also felt a little weird doing it.

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/13/2018 at 8:08 AM, Earlthe said:

Anyone have any Intel on how they run their interviews?

At the preview day in March a current student told us it was MMI style. Interviewers have not read your file prior to the interviews. I don't know what kind of questions they ask but be ready for the classic questions like "why PA?" of course. I would also prep for some current issues in healthcare questions and ethical questions. 

• Like 2

Hey all, I just had a question about the interview process for those who interviewed this cycle.

1) I noticed earlier applicants said they were interviewed by two people per room though the website currently says it's a "panel". I was just curious what it actually was.

2) Were the questions more situational/ethical type of questions or what type?

3) Lastly, if you do not use the full time allotted (6 minutes per question I believe) is that counted against you, if your answer comes up "short"?

Any relevant information would be really appreciated, thanks!

1 hour ago, Nexus6z said:

Thank you!

I submitted my application on September 18th and was verified on the 22nd. What about yourself?

Heard back on 09/10/18 but the email went straight to my spam. ?

Saw the email on 09/15, and signed up for the interview for January 16th morning.

good luck with your interviews and application process.

On 10/29/2018 at 10:32 AM, svwich said:

Hey all, I just had a question about the interview process for those who interviewed this cycle.

1) I noticed earlier applicants said they were interviewed by two people per room though the website currently says it's a "panel". I was just curious what it actually was.

2) Were the questions more situational/ethical type of questions or what type?

3) Lastly, if you do not use the full time allotted (6 minutes per question I believe) is that counted against you, if your answer comes up "short"?

Any relevant information would be really appreciated, thanks!

I interviewed last cycle, so I will try to help.

1) It's two people per room (either faculty members with/without second year students).

2) Questions were more situational.

3) I do not believe finishing early is counted against you, but I also do not know that for certain. At five minutes, someone will knock on the door to let you know you have one minute remaining.

I will be interviewing for this cycle as well, and I'm curious to see if they'll ask different questions.

• Upvote 1

48 minutes ago, tiffamber said:

I interviewed last cycle, so I will try to help.

1) It's two people per room (either faculty members with/without second year students).

2) Questions were more situational.

3) I do not believe finishing early is counted against you, but I also do not know that for certain. At five minutes, someone will knock on the door to let you know you have one minute remaining.

I will be interviewing for this cycle as well, and I'm curious to see if they'll ask different questions.

Thank you so much! Just also wondering if they you are done early do you wait until your time is up or do they ask you any follow up questions?