Western 2018-2019 Application Cycle

34 minutes ago, PatthePA said:

Does anyone know if they are still inviting students for interviews? Have not heard anything back but that the application is under review. 

On their website, it says they send out invites beginning August to early February so I'm sure they are. I was hoping to attend the preview day this weekend to try and get some general updates on this cycle but I can't make it. 😕

6 hours ago, Laurenc0629 said:

Has anyone received a rejection letter yet? I have yet to receive anything and am trying to be hopeful!

According to my understanding from the interview a few weeks ago, a limited number of people will be notified of acceptance prior to March, however generally those accepted or waitlisted will find out late March and those who are not accepted will be notified sometime in August.

4 hours ago, 142wtgsbs said:

Did you interview already? I'm dying to know if they've sent out another round of interviews this month 

4 hours ago, 142wtgsbs said:

Did you interview already? I'm dying to know if they've sent out another round of interviews this month 

I have not interviewed. I was just curious if anyone received a flat out rejection. 

4 hours ago, svwich said:

According to my understanding from the interview a few weeks ago, a limited number of people will be notified of acceptance prior to March, however generally those accepted or waitlisted will find out late March and those who are not accepted will be notified sometime in August.

Wow. That's so late to find out about a rejection. 🙄 lol 

• Upvote 1

On 11/28/2018 at 5:06 PM, svwich said:

That was my understanding too from the interview a few weeks ago, that some people will be notified of acceptance prior to March. Although, I heard it as everyone else will find out in March if they are either waitlisted or denied. I was waitlisted last cycle (found out in March), but was not informed until late August that I was not accepted. It's possible that might be just for waitlisted people to find out that late? I'm not sure..

• Like 2

On 11/28/2018 at 4:06 PM, svwich said:

So they seat 98 students per class. about 10% of people accepted will be notified within weeks of their interview. The other approximately 90 accepted students will find out at the normal time in March after all interviews are finished.

People wait-listed and flat out rejected will also find out in March, after interviews are done.

The August thing is only for people who are wait listed that end up getting accepted/rejected. If someone who has been accepted last minute drops out, they will pull people off the wait list...as late as a few days before the orientation (in August).

Edited by SoCaliPrePA
  • Upvote 1