Western 2018-2019 Application Cycle

1 hour ago, sondrra said:

congrats to those accepted!! thats awesome. do you guys mind sharing your stats? thank you!

Overall GPA: 3.76

Science GPA: 3.62

PCE: Over 4,000 hours (Scribe, medical assistant, patient care intern, and physical therapist aide)

HCE:  ~1500 hours 

Community service and leadership: Over 2,000 hours

Shadow Hours: about 130 hours with 10 different PAs

First time applying! For those with extra questions, feel free to msg me.

Edited by Joselle
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

18 hours ago, 142wtgsbs said:

Just received my acceptance letter too! already reserved my seat. I look forward to meeting you lol. And to everyone else out there good luck and remember that the majority of acceptance letters won't go out till march! so don't give up hope!

Congrats on the acceptance! That's amazing!

How did you hear back from them? Acceptance letter as in via mail? Email?

3 minutes ago, SoCaliPrePA said:

Congrats on the acceptance! That's amazing!

How did you hear back from them? Acceptance letter as in via mail? Email?

Thank you! You’ll receive an email that says you have a status change and to check your account. When you check your account you’ll see a link that leads to your acceptance letter

12 hours ago, Zerina said:

What part of Florida? I was accepted and trying to figure out the best game plan for moving. 

I believe on site they have the Daumier, with your choice of a roommate. 

But once acceptances go out in March, I believe the previous class creates a group for us, if not we (assuming I am accepted 😂🤔 or the incoming class) can create one to help ease the process for those traveling from afar.  I am pretty sure more peeps are in the same boat.  This should provide more options.  

11 hours ago, TeamRaPA said:

I believe on site they have the Daumier, with your choice of a roommate. 

But once acceptances go out in March, I believe the previous class creates a group for us, if not we (assuming I am accepted 😂🤔 or the incoming class) can create one to help ease the process for those traveling from afar.  I am pretty sure more peeps are in the same boat.  This should provide more options.  

hmm thank you, and best of luck to you. 

• Like 1

On 2/6/2019 at 1:46 PM, futureePA said:

I am interviewing March 7th. This is my second year interviewing. Super nervous!

@futureePAIs this your second time applying to WesternU as well? If so, how do you think you better prepared yourself this round? Nevertheless, good luck and congrats on the interview! Hope it plays out well for you

Edited by thehopefulprepa

On 2/8/2019 at 12:07 AM, thehopefulprepa said:

@futureePAIs this your second time applying to WesternU as well? If so, how do you think you better prepared yourself this round? Nevertheless, good luck and congrats on the interview! Hope it plays out well for you

hey if you dont mind me asking, when did you receive the interview call/email?

4 hours ago, pagirl17 said:

I thought the last interview date was in February? I was part of the last group and they indicated that at the interview. So confused! 

My interview is on Wed. When I got my email 11/30 there were only two dates available to register for an interview and both of them were in Feb. Maybe they added additional days later. 

Edited by docsls6