ATSU 2018/2019 Application Cycle

7 minutes ago, PAwannaBE21 said:

Submitted CASPA June 14

received interview invitation in July 5 and interviewing on 9/12

cGPA: 3.78

sGPA: 3.92

Volunteer ~ 50 hrs

PCE ~ 6000 hrs

Does anyone know how they interview whether its a group interview or individual with a couple staff members?

You should have received a confirmation email when they assigned your interview date. The email broke down the day.

39 minutes ago, Jflaherty said:

Does anyone know if they send out application decisions to all applicants? Interview offer vs. denial? 

As a reapplicant, I know they send out both interview invites and denial via email. Since often applicants may get accepted elsewhere, the list of people who accept the interview invitation changes. So if a slot opens up, someone else gets an invite to interview. I am interviewing next Monday 8/27 and since the invite, all the communication is via email. 

1 hour ago, Hygiene2020 said:

Will there be more interviews? 

Last time I applied, my interview was in December. So there should be more interviews. However, the class filled up by November. So interviews later in the year are often for spots on the waitlist. I was accepted pending an open seat but never got off the list. You have a better shot of getting a secure spot if you interview earlier vs. later.

Hey everyone! I’m a PA student c/o 2020 I was in your shoes exactly 1 year ago. I go to ATSU (at still university) in Mesa AZ I figured if anyone has any questions feel free to email me at sa200152@atsu.edu ! Good luck everyone!!

Also I love this school I couldn’t have chosen a better school!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Upvote 2

On 8/31/2018 at 3:33 PM, 83011 said:

This is the first year they are doing the MMI format and they stated that they will likely have some bumps to work through. That being said, I thought it went smoothly and I actually had a good time. The first interview group (8/27) was told that the interview committee would meet on 8/30 to discuss the first group. As far as the second interview group (8/29) I am not sure if the Thursday (8/30) committee will discuss those applicants as well. Still no response but they said they had no gauge as to how long it would take for a response. Hang in there and good luck to all!

As far as advice, just be yourself and be relaxed! The MMI portions are rapid so don't forget to take a deep breath before each new station. Be yourself and work in whatever talking points you want mentioned into your responses as best you can. Don't leave campus without mentioning everything you wanted to mention! 

Congrats on getting an interview. I hope you get accepted into the program! Thank you for sharing your experience and giving us advice. I was wondering the MMI portion was it true MMI or was it MMI style of asking traditional interview questions? Thank you in advance!

applicants to this school please we wear that there’s lots of things happening ....they recently just had to dump five students in the 2020 school class in the 2019 lost six students in total so this school is losing a lot of students...honestly I would never recommend to school to anybody who is not an amazing test taker. they really don’t help the students especially minorities, at all. Anyone there will tell you that.  Last December they lost the amacin chair to the program, the guy who sits there now is honestly very cold to students. The exams are brutal beacuase if you fail one, you fail the entire course.  The reason why i am trully writing this, is bc i was blinded in how amazing this school was when i got in. When we asked how many ppl were lost due to academic reason in orientation they lied to everyone... they said they mever loose ppl and is compleatly and sadly false.  However if you are an amazing test taker go for it! Bc the program does have amazing things... just not sure it is what it used to be, even current graduates will tell you that. 

Goo luck everyone kick some interview behind!