Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Thank you so much! 

I do have one question. Do you have an idea of the best way to approach the autobiographical essay in the supplementary application? I feel that the first paragraph or so of my PS touches on my personal history so I am concerned about being redundant.  

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/15/2018 at 7:03 AM, hmtpnw said:

Thank you so much! 

I do have one question. Do you have an idea of the best way to approach the autobiographical essay in the supplementary application? I feel that the first paragraph or so of my PS touches on my personal history so I am concerned about being redundant.  

I talked about where I was born, my childhood, what my parents did, any significant life events, high school, undergrad, etc. I don’t think you need to be concerned about redundancy, this essay should be more in depth than your PS.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

my question was similar but regarding the personal stressful/difficult experience essay in the supplementary application.  Do you think they are looking more so towards stressful events in work that is related to the medical field and how we persevered through that or could it be any personal event that has impacted our lives and how we have overcome that?

thank you! good luck starting school!!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/18/2018 at 8:10 AM, spartan419 said:

my question was similar but regarding the personal stressful/difficult experience essay in the supplementary application.  Do you think they are looking more so towards stressful events in work that is related to the medical field and how we persevered through that or could it be any personal event that has impacted our lives and how we have overcome that?

thank you! good luck starting school!!

I don't think it needs to be a stressful experience at work in a healthcare setting. It certainly can be, but I think they are looking more for how you overcome difficulties. It could be personal experience or something at work. Try not to read to much into the prompts for those questions.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/16/2018 at 1:48 PM, PACrankset said:

I talked about where I was born, my childhood, what my parents did, any significant life events, high school, undergrad, etc. I don’t think you need to be concerned about redundancy, this essay should be more in depth than your PS.

Would you recommend letting a personal voice show through the writing, like adding in humor when possible? Or simply leave it as factual and attempt to include a full history up until our current stages in life? Thank you for your help!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I can't speak to exactly what the adcom is looking for, I can only speak to what I did and my successes. As I mentioned I wrote mine in the most literal sense, it is simply an autobiography. I think they want to get a greater sense of where you are coming from, what your background is and how you came to be applying to school. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...
On May 16, 2018 at 4:48 PM, PACrankset said:

I talked about where I was born, my childhood, what my parents did, any significant life events, high school, undergrad, etc. I don’t think you need to be concerned about redundancy, this essay should be more in depth than your PS.

Did you use these experiences to discuss important values to you? And did you tie these experiences/values into what has brought you to applying to PA school at all?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, eeb67 said:

Did you use these experiences to discuss important values to you? And did you tie these experiences/values into what has brought you to applying to PA school at all?

I feel that with the way the prompt is worded it is trying to make it clear that your essay is meant to be about who you are. It mentions that this is not supposed to answer the why PA question, so I would probably avoid using this space to address that again. 

They already have an entire resume in the form of your CASPA application in addition to a 5000 character personal statement geared towards PA school specifically. I think it’s wiser to use this space to show who you are outside of all that. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

Alright guys,

Submitted CASPA 6/13, verified on 6/15. Just submitted my supplemental application and payment, which can take a few days to process. Hopefully the payment will process quickly.

Looking at the timeline on the program's website, it seems that they are likely in the process of reviewing applications now. I know that they stress an early application. According to last year's thread they will start extending interview invites in late July.

Edited by hmtpnw
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/15/2018 at 3:31 PM, eeb67 said:

Did you use these experiences to discuss important values to you? And did you tie these experiences/values into what has brought you to applying to PA school at all?

As has been mentioned this essay is purely an autobiographical essay. Don’t worry about trying to link it to your values and why you want to be a PA. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, han2018 said:

Hey everyone! My dad lives in Denver and I'm thinking about submitting an application but it sounds like I might be way behind the rest of the applications if most of you submitted in May! Do you think it's still worth a shot submitting mine this week?

I would think you are still ok, provided you get your application in and verified by the end of July. I submitted mine the first week of July last year and interviewed on the last interview date.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/17/2018 at 6:22 PM, PACrankset said:

I would think you are still ok, provided you get your application in and verified by the end of July. I submitted mine the first week of July last year and interviewed on the last interview date.

When was the last interview date last year?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Welcome to the Physician Assistant Forum! This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. Learn More