CHA/PA 2018-19

3 hours ago, WorkinOnIt said:

My interview date is coming up on the 5th and I have to admit that I’m nervous as hell. I hope everyone else who will be there on the 5th is able to put their best foot forward and nails their interview questions. Good luck and see you soon!

I’ll be there on the 5th as well. Good luck to both of us!!! 

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, kamuggli said:

I interviewed on 10/5 and I am wondering when to expect to hear back by! Has anyone heard anything? Or for anyone that interviewed at an earlier date, how long did it take before they contacted you?

Interviewed 9/19 and still haven’t heard anything. 

Hi all,

I interviewed 9/4 and have yet to hear anything, I have been watching this page like a hawk. It's so frustrating and unsettling! I read last years forum page and thats also nerve-wracking to me because it seems that most people who didn't hear within the first few days after their interview ended up getting rejected or waitlisted, and I remember Kay saying only two people off the waitlist made it in last year. Good luck to everyone else!

On 9/12/2018 at 2:12 AM, KatherineLee said:

Congrats to everyone who received an interview! I will be applying next year and was wondering if those that received an interview can comment on if they took organic with or without a lab and if they took biochem?

Also, wondering when everyone submitted their app that has received an interview so far? 

THANKS GUYS! 

Most people probably took O-Chem lab but I did not! I only took the lecture, I did take Biochem though. 

Hey everyone! 

I just wanted to share my timeline, just in case it helps anyone! ? 

I interviewed on 10/5/18 and received my acceptance on 10/09/2018.

I declined the offer to pursue a different program and quite honestly one of the most difficult decisions of my life! Best of luck to everyone! This is truly an amazing program ? 

Received a notice of rejection today as well. Applied toward the end of the cycle but none the less disappointing.  Can people who were accepted or interviewed share stats if comfortable?

I thought I was competitive with GRE scores of 153, 157 and a 4.5.  Over 5000 hrs HCE and 4300 hrs PCE as a licensed occupational therapist.  Undergrad GPA 3.89, Graduate GPA 3.9, Overall science 3.89.  40 hrs shadowing, and some older volunteer work. LOR from 2x MD, 1 PA an 1 RN. Certified OT, yoga teacher, cycle teacher and acroyoga teacher, BLS and CPR. 

7 hours ago, akenney67 said:

Received a notice of rejection today as well. Applied toward the end of the cycle but none the less disappointing.  Can people who were accepted or interviewed share stats if comfortable?

I thought I was competitive with GRE scores of 153, 157 and a 4.5.  Over 5000 hrs HCE and 4300 hrs PCE as a licensed occupational therapist.  Undergrad GPA 3.89, Graduate GPA 3.9, Overall science 3.89.  40 hrs shadowing, and some older volunteer work. LOR from 2x MD, 1 PA an 1 RN. Certified OT, yoga teacher, cycle teacher and acroyoga teacher, BLS and CPR. 

My stats are very similar to yours! It was my second year applying and I only received an interview this year. I honestly think applying early and having work experience at a Children’s Hospital got me the interview this time around. 

2 hours ago, Mamandap said:

My stats are very similar to yours! It was my second year applying and I only received an interview this year. I honestly think applying early and having work experience at a Children’s Hospital got me the interview this time around. 

Thanks for sharing and congrats! I'm sure the timing was a lot of it, that's just unfortunate because I was taking a summer class at their university and waiting on grades to submit with a full app.  They could have seen my grade in the class regardless but needed the transcript.  My experience was at Rose Medical Center, Valley View Hospital and various SNF's, so all locally recognized hospitals! 

On 10/18/2018 at 1:37 AM, akenney67 said:

First off, definitely apply early. It seems like applying late is like not applying at all. Last year I submitted in September (I wanted some summer grades verified) this year I got everything submitted and verified by beginning of June (and was aiming for May!).

I have similar score/grade stats, experience hours, shadowing, etc but lower overall gpa because of a couple of really bad years (personal emergency). I got 1 interview last year (applied to 6) with a waitlist offer,... and that’s it ?

This year i applied to 9, got 6 interviews. 1 waitlist , 2 seat offers.... haven’t interviewed other 3 places, and I’m going decline them (to open it up for other people).

While I did apply earlier this cycle, i think a huge difference was my personal statement and how I prepped for interviews. Some schools just want established competency (high grades/scores). Others really want well rounded students. You can kinda tell if you investigate (and line of questioning at interviews) and can adjust your responses to that.

I highly suggest trying out some  of those  books/videos that are out there. It was a game changer for me (I realized how bad I went about my statement/interview , the first cycle that I applied to)

On 10/18/2018 at 10:44 AM, SomosPAPAya said:

I got my acceptance call from Kay early this morning ?  i interviewed yesterday (10-17-18); the last interview session of this cycle. 

Same here! Definitely caught me by surprise with such a quick response. Congratulations and I’ll see you in class next July ??

• 2 weeks later...

Archived