CHA/PA 2018-19

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, jtexasb said:

@TayPrePA Congratulations!  When did you submit your application?  I submitted really late and not very confident I applied early enough.

I was complete 6/24 and I still haven’t heard back ? Figured with an earlier app I would hear something sooner, but I guess not.

If they’re still sending out interview invites you certainly have a shot! 

Applied 6/8 (was verified 6/13) and was invited via email a couple days ago to interview 10/17. Super stoked for the opportunity! I was told by Kay, Director of Admissions for UC PA program, that this is their very last interview date for the year. Anyone from previous interviews have any recommendations?

Congratulations to all those who have received interviews!

On 9/13/2018 at 8:20 PM, Heretohelp said:

I interviewed on September 4th and have not heard ANYTHING yet. Has anyone from that interview date or 9/5 heard anything at all?? 

I am getting impatient LOL. Thanks guys!

I also interviewed on September 4th and have yet to hear anything. The silence is slowly killing me..... Let's hope we hear good news this week!

On 9/12/2018 at 1:12 AM, KatherineLee said:

Congrats to everyone who received an interview! I will be applying next year and was wondering if those that received an interview can comment on if they took organic with or without a lab and if they took biochem?

Also, wondering when everyone submitted their app that has received an interview so far? 

THANKS GUYS! 

I took 1 semester of Organic chem with lab and 1 semester of Biochem. 

Submitted the 3rd week of June and I’m interviewing tomorrow!

On 9/12/2018 at 3:12 AM, KatherineLee said:

Congrats to everyone who received an interview! I will be applying next year and was wondering if those that received an interview can comment on if they took organic with or without a lab and if they took biochem?

Also, wondering when everyone submitted their app that has received an interview so far? 

THANKS GUYS! 

I took organic chemistry 1 and 2, both with labs. I took biochemistry as well. I submitted my application mid June. 

I received an interview invite at the beginning of September for October 17th interview

3 hours ago, HopeI said:

Has anyone heard back from the interview from 9/19 yet, or do you think it is too early? 

Kay had said people from the first interview group have already been accepted, but none of them posted here. So people from 9/19 group may have been accepted, they just didn't post here 

3 minutes ago, WorkinOnIt said:

My interview date is coming up on the 5th and I have to admit that I’m nervous as hell. I hope everyone else who will be there on the 5th is able to put their best foot forward and nails their interview questions. Good luck and see you soon!

Your nerves will be better than you expect once you are actually there. They do a lot to try and get everyone relaxed and feeling comfortable. You’ll do great! Good luck 

4 minutes ago, cpacina said:

Your nerves will be better than you expect once you are actually there. They do a lot to try and get everyone relaxed and feeling comfortable. You’ll do great! Good luck 

I’m less worried about the actual interview and questions: we can all prep for that ! ? ... I’m more concerned on what the “group activity” entails! Lol

Im sure it’s just to see how we work and communicate with others... I just get nervous when I have no idea what to expect. Is it as technical as coming up with a treatment plan for a patient? Or something as silly as those “egg drop” with straws or see how tall you can make a structure with given materials?

3 minutes ago, SomosPAPAya said:

I’m less worried about the actual interview and questions: we can all prep for that ! ? ... I’m more concerned on what the “group activity” entails! Lol

Im sure it’s just to see how we work and communicate with others... I just get nervous when I have no idea what to expect. Is it as technical as coming up with a treatment plan for a patient? Or something as silly as those “egg drop” with straws or see how tall you can make a structure with given materials?

It’s not technical, at least mine wasn’t and I interviewed a few weeks ago. Just a fun little activity. They told us it’s really more of an ice breaker to calm the nerves

Archived