CHA/PA 2018-19

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello all!

I'm applying from the land of 10,000 lakes - Minnesota. I submitted my supplemental application as well as my payment on 7/6, hoping to hear back relatively soon, especially since it sounds like others have already been extended invites to interview. Congratulations to all who have received interviews, and I wish everyone else the absolute best!

Guest SoyLatte
5 hours ago, mgh123 said:

Hello all! 

New to this forum. Received an interview invite on 9-4!! Super excited but VERY nervous. Any advice for the interview???

Yay thats awesome! When did you submit your completed app and when did they send you the under review email? Thanks and good luck!

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, PAtobe33 said:

Congrats! Do you mind sharing your stats? (If not that’s totally fine). Best of luck!!

Thank you!

I don’t mind sharing. 

Cumulative GPA: 3.49

Cumulative science: 3.41

About 300 hours of healthcare experience as a CNA at a hospital.  500 more back in 2012 as a PT aide

16 hours shadowing a PA and 8 more shadowing a physician.

100 volunteee hours 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi PACrankset! This is my top choice program and I just wanted to know how you are liking the program so far. How's the environment? What do you like best about the program? Are there any parts of the program you like least? Thank you! I look forward to hearing back from you!

On 8/30/2018 at 9:18 PM, TayPrePA said:

Anyone know if the invites for the last interview date have been sent out yet? I don’t wanna give up just yet!

This is exactly how I am feeling. I feel like they’ve already sent out all the interview invites. My nerves are off the chart

44 minutes ago, Adriuks said:

This is exactly how I am feeling. I feel like they’ve already sent out all the interview invites. My nerves are off the chart

Hi Everyone! I’m nervous as well! 

I asked Kay a couple of weeks ago and she said “not all interview spots would be filled until early September”. So I think there is still hope! Fingers crossed.

Hello fellow pre-PAers, 

I applied early to mid-July, and I was curious if this is too late? It appears to me they have sent out quite a few interview invites when the deadline has only just passed a few days ago. Also, the PA coordinator isn't the most insightful when asked questions. Does anyone know if applying in July is too late? I have good stats, but I am curious on if I should be worried at this point.

Thanks fam. 

2 hours ago, Cblaze1 said:

Hello fellow pre-PAers, 

I applied early to mid-July, and I was curious if this is too late? It appears to me they have sent out quite a few interview invites when the deadline has only just passed a few days ago. Also, the PA coordinator isn't the most insightful when asked questions. Does anyone know if applying in July is too late? I have good stats, but I am curious on if I should be worried at this point.

Thanks fam. 

I highly reccomend submitting it earlier than July. The program is on a rolling admission schedule so the sooner the better. You still have a chance since they are still sending out interviews. But they’ve already put out invites for 3/4 of the interview dates. 

13 hours ago, WorkinOnIt said:

I highly reccomend submitting it earlier than July. The program is on a rolling admission schedule so the sooner the better. You still have a chance since they are still sending out interviews. But they’ve already put out invites for 3/4 of the interview dates. 

Yes I am aware. The PA admissions coordinator wasn't the most clear on prerequisite completion requirements, and I hesitated to apply earlier since I was finishing up my last prereq. This program isn't my top choice, but hopefully there is still a chance to interview. Thanks for the feedback! 

2 minutes ago, Cblaze1 said:

Yes I am aware. The PA admissions coordinator wasn't the most clear on prerequisite completion requirements, and I hesitated to apply earlier since I was finishing up my last prereq. This program isn't my top choice, but hopefully there is still a chance to interview. Thanks for the feedback! 

Are you asking about all programs, or this program in particular?

For this program, July is late. They stress a very early application and begin offering interviews fairly early in the cycle. You can see that most interviews spots are filled at this point. This isn't the case for all programs.

Many schools that I have applied to have just started reviewing applications. Others state that they are "rolling admissions" but still don't start offering interviews until after their deadline. For many programs mid-July is completely fine. The best way to figure this out is by looking at the school specific threads and looking at program websites. 

1 minute ago, hmtpnw said:

Are you asking about all programs, or this program in particular?

For this program, July is late. They stress a very early application and begin offering interviews fairly early in the cycle. You can see that most interviews spots are filled at this point. This isn't the case for all programs.

Many schools that I have applied to have just started reviewing applications. Others state that they are "rolling admissions" but still don't start offering interviews until after their deadline. For many programs mid-July is completely fine. The best way to figure this out is by looking at the school specific threads and looking at program websites. 

Yes just this program specifically! I applied to 4 other schools in my state earlier at the beginning of this cycle. I wasn't sure if I applied too early to Colorado that my application might not be considered complete (considering an in-progress summer prereq at the time). So I just applied once I finished it in Mid-July. If its all filled up its no biggie ? just wanted feedback from everyone! 

Archived