• 3 weeks later...
Quick question regarding the supplemental application, did anyone use the same classes for College English and English Composition? Thank you and Goodluck!

I did not.
Did you check the data base they have available for course equivalency?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Upvote 1

On 7/10/2017 at 0:27 AM, srasuli said:

Quick question regarding the supplemental application, did anyone use the same classes for College English and English Composition? Thank you and Goodluck!

My courses were both titled "First Year Composition" if that's what you mean, but it was two separate classes, ENG 101 & ENG 102, which was listed as accepted in the course equivalency guide. 

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, cowgirlpa said:

tomtom626 Western did something different with the supplemental application this year, it's been updated. Seems more simplified than past years.

That's what it appears to me! Just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing anything. I would've submitted my secondary app a lot sooner if I had knew. Thank you! 

I just spoke with an admissions representative who said that they have never done interviews earlier than January, and that last year's first interview date was January 19th. However, according to last years forum it looks like interviews started in September, so I'm not sure! I'm wondering the same thing. 

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

What's up, guys! Good luck to all of you working on apps for this year. I'm a 2017 alumni of WesternU, and for my year, they did not start interviewing until January and beyond. However, last year, they definitely did start a few interviews starting from September. It seems like the program plans on sending out interviews sooner than later like they did last year. As more information is found out, I am sure that current students can give more accurate information within the next few weeks.

• Upvote 8

2 hours ago, prepa91a said:

Did anyone receive email confirmation that their application was received? Or is it only on the secondary application website?

The only confirmation email I received was after I submitted the CASPA application from EDS. It contained instructions on how to pay the $50 application fee. It also had a link to check your application status 

I just realized Western's supplemental application included a section for past experiences. I must have clicked past it because I completely missed it and submitted without it. However, my experiences are listed out in the initial CASPA application. I'm thinking of sending an email to clarify. It shouldn't be a problem though, right?

Where do we pay the extra $50? Did everyone list every other single school they applied to (don't know why it's necessary)? And isn't it repetitive to list our last experiences again?

Just wondering if anyone else is frustrated with the supplemental

Hey prepa1212,

You pay the supplemental fee at the end when you go to submit the application. As for previous experiences, I'm pretty sure it said list any that weren't included in your CASPA. Hope that helps!

Hey prepa1212,

You pay the supplemental fee at the end when you go to submit the application. As for previous experiences, I'm pretty sure it said list any that weren't included in your CASPA. Hope that helps!

Thank you! Did you list down all the PA schools down? Do you know why they ask this? It makes me nervous! Lol

Thank you! Did you list down all the PA schools down? Do you know why they ask this? It makes me nervous! Lol

No problem. I did list down the other schools. They do it, from what I've read, for marketing purposes. It sounds like it doesn't even correlate with your application status decision.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, aliali said:

I just realized Western's supplemental application included a section for past experiences. I must have clicked past it because I completely missed it and submitted without it. However, my experiences are listed out in the initial CASPA application. I'm thinking of sending an email to clarify. It shouldn't be a problem though, right?

I didn't put anything under an experiences section too. I believe it's there for you to put any experiences that you didn't include in CASPA application. 

• Upvote 1