On 9/21/2017 at 1:47 PM, Bambitious said:

I wonder how so many people got September dates. I was only able to schedule one in January which seems a bit late. I hope it doesn't affect the decision making process!

Don't worry! It's NOT rolling admissions. At the end of the ALL the interviews, they take everyone's interview scores and chose the top 98. 

• Upvote 2

Best advice to all who have received the interview invite.... 

1. Buy How to Ace the Physician Assistant School Interview book by Rodican. Read it front to back

2. Practice, practice practice!!! (Even though you may feel weird talking to out loud to yourself)

3. Answer all your questions with examples!!!

• Upvote 3

HI EVERYONE!

First year WesternU PA-S here and I want to congratulate all the applicants with interview invites! 

And if you haven't gotten one yet, do not worry! Interviews go up until March! Stay busy and continue to improve yourself in all capacities (grades, volunteer, work, shadow, etc.!)

As always, I am here for your questions but more so on Instagram! I do IG Lives and Day in the Life of a WesternU PA-S ! Message me through there if you have questions! 

I know how hard this process is... I've been through it THREE times. Yup. Three-time applicant and I finally made it. 

It's not a matter of IF you'll get into PA school, it's WHEN! You guys got this!

@jazminek_pa 

@westernu_mspa 

https://www.jazminek-pa.com/

<3 

• Upvote 10

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/6/2017 at 4:41 PM, InPAibelieve said:

Does anyone know if they are done sending out interviews? 

Interviews are far from being over. WesternU just began implementing these early interview sessions starting last year. There is typically only 1-2 interview sessions per month for September - November. Then, the vast majority of interviews will be sent out December - late February/early March-ish. There is still plenty of time so hang tight! This is definitely an anxiety-ridden process, but it is still very early in the game for WesternU. Furthermore, WesternU's admissions process is still non-rolling, which means that it doesn't matter whether you interview in September or February. 90% of the seats will be determined at the same time (mid-to-late March). I feel like WesternU's admission process is especially nerve-racking because it takes such a long time to receive updates/responses. However, no news is good news. Continue to be patient! We have all been through what you guys are experiencing. I'll be crossing my fingers for you guys!

• Upvote 7

Hi all, has anyone had experience rescheduling their interview? The info on the portal said to contact the Admissions team to do so. When I did, Admissions said I can cancel and reschedule my date on the portal system. The problem is I don't see any options there to do so. Am I not seeing something? Thanks for any help you can offer!

8 hours ago, kadir said:

Hi all, has anyone had experience rescheduling their interview? The info on the portal said to contact the Admissions team to do so. When I did, Admissions said I can cancel and reschedule my date on the portal system. The problem is I don't see any options there to do so. Am I not seeing something? Thanks for any help you can offer!

hi! I haven't had to, but they did reschedule mine for me and the new date and time never showed up on my portal login page. I would just tell the admissions department that there is no way to reschedule on the portal because I do not see anything either! Good luck! 

On 10/10/2017 at 10:24 AM, prepa33 said:

Can anyone give any advice/tips for the interview process? Do they generally keep the same types of MMI questions from the year before?

Hi! I would just practice answering all the different categories of questions; behavioral, experience, informative, opinionated, competency, etc.. and have a personal example ready for each one.  If you come across a hard one, don't skip over it! Think of a good way to answer it. For example; "what are you not good at?"

These are just tips because unfortunately we are not supposed to talk about the interview process.  We CAN tell you that there are 4 rooms, and you get 5 minutes in each room to answer one question. There will be 2 people in each room listening to your response, and these people range from admissions, former students, and professors. Have a great time!

1 hour ago, esm0515 said:

The only time frame they give you is that you will hear by late March. A handful may hear sooner, but that's definitely not the norm. A long painful wait it will be! haha

I think I heard people were already accepted from the first interview! So I’m curious how long it took for them to find out

• Downvote 1

Just now, queenbee88 said:

I'm not sure. However, I originally signed up for the Sept interview but they called and rescheduled into yesterday. Do you know anyone interviewed in Sept and got accepted?

Yeah the same thing happened to me and I interviewed yesterday instead too!! We probably met!! But a couple of the current PA students told me that yesterday was the second day of interviews and they'll have about one more a month until March. I don't know of anyone who was accepted from the first interview, but then again I don't know anyone else who has interviewed there yet :)