1 hour ago, esm0515 said:

Hi everyone! 

I received an interview as well and also selected the 9am Sept 27th slot. However I just received a phone call and they are having scheduling issues with their new system and had to reschedule my interview for October because the Sept 27th day had conflicts. So don't be surprised if you receive a call and you have to reschedule! 

Yes, the same thing happened to me! I ended up rescheduling mine for 10/18 at 9am

• Upvote 1

On 9/14/2017 at 9:56 AM, loliw124 said:

Great advise ms210!. Thank you very much. How are you liking the program so far? Is it well organized in terms of the way classes are lectured? How about the student academic support, do you feel the program does a good job at supporting its student if they are struggling with classes, or need help?

Thank you. =)

Hi! I love the program so far! It is very intense, lots of work, but so are all the other PA programs out there. Our program is systems based and I think that is truly the smartest way to go.  Each class goes over their theme of the material for each unit. For example, we are in respiratory right now. We are learning about adult diseases in respiratory in adult medicine, talking about the drugs to treat those diseases in pharmacology, going over the respiratory disease manifestations in pathophysiology, etc. It's very organized and it helps us bridge everything together. Plus we get to hear a lot of the same things with the overlap so it helps for studying. 

And YES, YES, YES,100% to the support!!  That is what WesternU is known for and what they are ALL about!! Every professor here wants to help you and will go out of their way to do whatever they can.  All the professors are opened up to meeting outside of their office hours.  We even have a class where all the professors show up and walk around to help us understand the material.  And if you do mess up, they are right there by your side trying to help you figure out what went wrong and how you can do better next time.

Lastly, we have 98 students, and the faculty emphasizes collaboration.  So we have our own google drive where we share all of our study guides and summaries on readings.  This way you have something to lean on when you can't get all the work done independently (which happens because the workload is too much in PA school). 

• Upvote 4

29 minutes ago, ms210 said:

Hi! I love the program so far! It is very intense, lots of work, but so are all the other PA programs out there. Our program is systems based and I think that is truly the smartest way to go.  Each class goes over their theme of the material for each unit. For example, we are in respiratory right now. We are learning about adult diseases in respiratory in adult medicine, talking about the drugs to treat those diseases in pharmacology, going over the respiratory disease manifestations in pathophysiology, etc. It's very organized and it helps us bridge everything together. Plus we get to hear a lot of the same things with the overlap so it helps for studying. 

And YES, YES, YES,100% to the support!!  That is what WesternU is known for and what they are ALL about!! Every professor here wants to help you and will go out of their way to do whatever they can.  All the professors are opened up to meeting outside of their office hours.  We even have a class where all the professors show up and walk around to help us understand the material.  And if you do mess up, they are right there by your side trying to help you figure out what went wrong and how you can do better next time.

Lastly, we have 98 students, and the faculty emphasizes collaboration.  So we have our own google drive where we share all of our study guides and summaries on readings.  This way you have something to lean on when you can't get all the work done independently (which happens because the workload is too much in PA school). 

Thank you very much for your time, I really appreciate it!!. I am really happy to hear such great, and positive comments about the school, it shows that they really care about its students' success.

5 hours ago, loliw124 said:

Thank you very much for your time, I really appreciate it!!. I am really happy to hear such great, and positive comments about the school, it shows that they really care about its students' success.

Yeah no problem! I think it's great that you are asking questions about the school.  It's easy to get caught up on just trying to get accepted into any school, but it should be a choice of yours as much as it is of the admissions office!

1 hour ago, twodogsandaPA said:

I'm a little confused. Do they have two? On the 29th and 30th? My interview was changed from the sept one to the Nov. 29th 9 am. Does anyone else have the 29th as well? That's a Wednesday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, I remember seeing both 11/29 and 11/30 open when I first signed up. The earliest open interview date was 11/29 at 7:30AM, which is what I signed up for. Good luck! 

Did everyone receive an email today from Western U about the Instagram live event happening today at 6 PST?  I still haven't received an interview invite and am curious.....thanks!

Also, congrats to everyone that received an interview invite, and fingers crossed for those that are still waiting like myself!

• Upvote 1

Did everyone receive an email today from Western U about the Instagram live event happening today at 6 PST?  I still haven't received an interview invite and am curious.....thanks!
Congrats to everyone that received an interview invite, and fingers crossed for those that are still waiting like myself!

Yes, I received it.

9 minutes ago, twodogsandaPA said:

And they haven't called you to reschedule? They have rescheduled all of the September interviews I know of. When did you get the invite?

I got it earlier this afternoon. They only had that day in September at 7:30am or 9:00am.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Bambitious said:

I wonder how so many people got September dates. I was only able to schedule one in January which seems a bit late. I hope it doesn't affect the decision making process!

I don't think it will because they say they aren't rolling admissions and that we won't know the decision until later I believe!

• Upvote 2