Hey everyone! 

I submitted my app in early Early July and every thing has been verified, but I haven't heard anything back yet. Has anyone started hearing about interviews yet?

also I also noticed the issue with the secondary app and the experiences. I completed the app and then I happened to just pull it up today and it showed my experience section as completely blank, but I know I filled out the application I full. Did anyone else have this issue? 

Hey guys! I am a current student at WesternU and I just wanted to share a couple of things with you that may be useful!

They did start interviewing in September for us last year, mine was the first one and it was September 28th. Buttttt they interviewed all the way up until late February (I believe). So if you don't hear anything early on, don't think that your chances are gone. 

We had a guy who got accepted the day before we started school, so it's not over until August 2018!!

Also if I were you, I would probably never read this forum again unless you're absolutely dyinggggg to know what's going on with everyone else. These forums hurt. All you do is read how everyone else is getting secondaries/getting interviews/getting accepted, and if it's not going so well for you, your heart will drop and you'll feel like crap! 

I specifically recommend against this forum because WesternU won't let about 90% of their students know whether they got accepted until March 2018. So imagine; you've had your interview and you are waiting for the acceptance, and there are the 10% who want to share that they got accepted. It increases your anxiety and you can do nothing but wait. Instead, don't read the forum and distract your mind until March!

I would recommend going to a preview day, maybe even two! Preview day is a great way for you to explore campus and get to know the program.  It will also help ease your nerves on interview day because you've already been there and you'll know your way around. 

But if you chose to not take my advice, and come back to this forum, then that's fine, I get it, because I did the same thing! And I'll be around to answer questions. :) I wish you all the best! 

• Upvote 8

11 hours ago, ms210 said:

Hey guys! I am a current student at WesternU and I just wanted to share a couple of things with you that may be useful!

They did start interviewing in September for us last year, mine was the first one and it was September 28th. Buttttt they interviewed all the way up until late February (I believe). So if you don't hear anything early on, don't think that your chances are gone. 

We had a guy who got accepted the day before we started school, so it's not over until August 2018!!

Also if I were you, I would probably never read this forum again unless you're absolutely dyinggggg to know what's going on with everyone else. These forums hurt. All you do is read how everyone else is getting secondaries/getting interviews/getting accepted, and if it's not going so well for you, your heart will drop and you'll feel like crap! 

I specifically recommend against this forum because WesternU won't let about 90% of their students know whether they got accepted until March 2018. So imagine; you've had your interview and you are waiting for the acceptance, and there are the 10% who want to share that they got accepted. It increases your anxiety and you can do nothing but wait. Instead, don't read the forum and distract your mind until March!

I would recommend going to a preview day, maybe even two! Preview day is a great way for you to explore campus and get to know the program.  It will also help ease your nerves on interview day because you've already been there and you'll know your way around. 

But if you chose to not take my advice, and come back to this forum, then that's fine, I get it, because I did the same thing! And I'll be around to answer questions. :) I wish you all the best! 

Great advise ms210!. Thank you very much. How are you liking the program so far? Is it well organized in terms of the way classes are lectured? How about the student academic support, do you feel the program does a good job at supporting its student if they are struggling with classes, or need help?

Thank you. =)

On 9/13/2017 at 10:28 PM, ms210 said:

I absolutely second this. Like ms210 said, even though WesternU has begun to send out interview invites early in recent years, the majority of interviewees still won't hear back until March. I was the applicant that constantly lurked the forums because I was anxious, and it was not fun times, haha.

Feel free to shoot me a message as well if you have any concerns. WesternU's class size is large, but that just makes the support system among the students even greater and bigger. Don't hesitate to approach any of us.

[mention=139058]queenbee88[/mention] [mention=135391]twodogsandaPA[/mention] when you log in into the portal, where did you look to see the interview invite? 

It's in the home page as soon as you log in. It's the same page you would normally see except that it gives you a message that reads

"Your Interview

We are pleased to inform you that you have been selected to interview with WesternU’s College of Allied Health Professions - MSPA program. Interviews will be held on our Pomona, California campus."
And then gives you more information about selecting interviews.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

[mention=139058]queenbee88[/mention] [mention=135391]twodogsandaPA[/mention] when you log in into the portal, where did you look to see the interview invite? 
I just logged in 15 minutes ago. On the top of the page, there is some wordings and a link to schedule an interview. It is easy to be overlooked, especially if you use the phone like I did.

Hi everyone! 

I received an interview as well and also selected the 9am Sept 27th slot. However I just received a phone call and they are having scheduling issues with their new system and had to reschedule my interview for October because the Sept 27th day had conflicts. So don't be surprised if you receive a call and you have to reschedule! 

• Upvote 1