2017-2018 Application Cycle

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, MG358 said:

Is the Duke deposit done all online? Just wondering if I'll make it by 11/2 if if I last minute decide that I want to put my deposit down

It is, but you have to pay with an e-check, so it may take longer to process. I submitted mine on Friday around 1pm EDT and didn’t received confirmation that my payment was accepted until yesterday around 5 pm EDT. Although I’d say that if you pay it on Nov 2nd, as long as your payment goes through and there aren’t any issues, they will surely accept it even if it takes a day or two to process. But I’d call and confirm just to be safe! 

6 hours ago, medlabscientist said:

It is, but you have to pay with an e-check, so it may take longer to process. I submitted mine on Friday around 1pm EDT and didn’t received confirmation that my payment was accepted until yesterday around 5 pm EDT. Although I’d say that if you pay it on Nov 2nd, as long as your payment goes through and there aren’t any issues, they will surely accept it even if it takes a day or two to process. But I’d call and confirm just to be safe! 

Thank you!! I have been going back and forth since last week, but by tomorrow I actually have to make my decision. Thanks again for all your help!

1 minute ago, owood12 said:

If you don't mind me asking, why did you come to that decision?

I chose a different school that I decided was a better fit for me! I chose Yale, you can see my thought process a bit if you click on my profile and go to posts on other topics. It's close to home for me, and I really loved it when I interviewed. It just felt right, and ultimately I went with my gut/where I think I'll be most comfortable. I also loved the learning style. But it was a very very difficult decision, as I loved Duke as well. 

22 minutes ago, rfinch said:

I take it from your post that they've begun scheduling the December interviews. When exactly did you get the invite if you don't mind my asking? Also, when did you submit? Thanks!

I got a call this morning actually. They asked me if I could possibly come attend an interview next week due to a couple of people dropping out (since I am within driving distance). Unfortunately I had to decline as I will be flying back from West coast from another interview on the day they had available. So December 4th is the day they offered me officially. Submitted CASPA June 29

3 minutes ago, medlabscientist said:

To those of you who interviewed last week, you're in my thoughts!! Waiting to hear back from Duke was definitely the most stressful part of my application process. I interviewed 10/11, and I got my acceptance email 10/23 at 4:21pm eastern time. I hope you guys hear before this weekend though, so you can celebrate!! :)

Thank you so much! It is so stressful - thank you for validating that. People who aren’t going through the process think i am just nuts! :) Congratulations! I look forward to *hopefully* being future classmates!

Just now, Cdale2017 said:

Thank you so much! It is so stressful - thank you for validating that. People who aren’t going through the process think i am just nuts! :) Congratulations! I look forward to *hopefully* being future classmates!

You're welcome! I totally understand that! After posting, I realized that I probably made some of you guys freak out just from posting on the forum; I know I jumped at every email and notification I got for almost two weeks haha. Yeah, I can't wait to meet everyone!!

Archived