2017-2018 Application Cycle

8 minutes ago, MattHatter said:

What does you mean when you say you added to the application in CASPA?

After submitting your CASPA, you aren't allowed to change anything, but you are allowed to add experiences and update your application. I was still accumulating shadowing and volunteering hours from various PAs and organization after submitting my CASPA, so whenever I would finish one of those opportunities that I felt would benefit me as an applicant, I would add it to my CASPA experiences, and update my application. However, if you do this, once you add something, you can't edit it. Does that help @MattHatter

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 10/2/2017 at 5:05 PM, medlabscientist said:

I added stuff to my CASPA application (shadowing hours, volunteering hours, etc.) several times after submitting it, and I was offered an interview. I don't think that adding something will cause a lag in the processing/reviewing timeline of your application. I think, if anything, it will make you more competitive. Good luck!

Thanks!

Is anyone else interviewing on 10/31? I keep seeing folks with 10/30 interview dates and got paranoid that my invite has a date typo. (Yes, this PA app cycle has made me nuts) I just thought it was slightly atypical that they'd have back-to-back interview dates since most of the other programs I've applied to seem to have a once a month schedule for interviews. 

Is anyone else interviewing on 10/31? I keep seeing folks with 10/30 interview dates and got paranoid that my invite has a date typo. (Yes, this PA app cycle has made me nuts) I just thought it was slightly atypical that they'd have back-to-back interview dates since most of the other programs I've applied to seem to have a once a month schedule for interviews. 

I thought the same thing! My interview date is 11/1! Guess they're just getting really for a really packed week...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4 minutes ago, 808State said:

I thought the same thing! My interview date is 11/1! Guess they're just getting really for a really packed week...

I just stalked the previous app cycle's thread and found this from a Duke first year: 

"Hi - current 1st year student here. They interview roughly about 10 people a day for 4 days a week, for a total of 6 weeks in the fall." 

Looks like like we're okay, haha. I was prepared to crash the 10/30 date if need be. :P Good luck on your interview date!

Good Luck everyone!!!  I was in your shoes last year.  Exactly one year ago tomorrow, I received my acceptance to Duke and it has changed my life!  (Interviews started a week earlier last year)

Interviews are super laid-back.  You have the stats to get an interview invitation, just be yourself so they can see if your personality fits.  

Interviews will have 13 - 15 applicants per day, and they are conducted Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday

The plan right now is 5 weeks of interviews, but I suppose anything can change.  The interviews aren't weekly... the 5 weeks of interviews is spread across 3 months.

Happy to answer any questions; we look forward to hosting you on interview day!

More specifically interview schedule- 2 weeks in October

1 week in November

1 week in December

1 week in January

this is the current plan, it's possible it could change.  

Oh and don't be discouraged if you haven't heard something but someone else who applied after you has already received an invitation.  There is a group of faculty reviewing applications...they each get a pile, and the pile grows :)  They aren't necessarily reviewed in order.  And each person reviewing isn't reviewing the exact same number each day.  Reviewing applications is an art, not a science :)

Just now, needmorecoffee said:

received a rejection notification a couple hours ago. I wish you all the best of luck and look forward to being colleagues someday!

Oh no! I'm sorry hun! 

Many I ask when you submitted your application? 

Did they tell you why you were rejected? Room for improvement:) so that next year you can have a stronger application and be the candidate they are looking for

Oh no! I'm sorry hun! 
Many I ask when you submitted your application? 
Did they tell you why you were rejected? Room for improvement:) so that next year you can have a stronger application and be the candidate they are looking for

I had everything in by 7-26, but no worries! I was accepted to an excellent program and start next summer

On 10/12/2017 at 7:28 AM, Quintrall said:

I hope everyone's interview went well! Any news about new interview invites?

I haven't heard anything yet. However, I didn't submit my secondary until September 14th so I'm not really expecting anything for a few more weeks. I still check my email a few times a day though, just to be safe... Hahaha!

1 minute ago, rfinch said:

I haven't heard anything yet. However, I didn't submit my secondary until September 14th so I'm not really expecting anything for a few more weeks. I still check my email a few times a day though, just to be safe... Hahaha!

I submitted my supplemental at the end of August and haven't heard anything yet. Just trying to be patient and not be too obsessive with checking my email ;)

does anyone interviewing on 10/30 want to meet up on the evening of 10/29? i'm stuck in durham until 10/31 as well, so if anyone's staying nearby and wants to get drinks AFTER the interview, i'm 100% down. 

Archived