2017-2018 Application Cycle

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Swiftest said:

Last year's first week interview groups heard back the following Tuesday, it looks like around 1:30 pm. I'm hoping we hear back today. 

Haha well if I wasn't already obsessively checking my email I sure will be for the next hour or so! Thanks!

Check inbox. 

Check this thread, anyone else hear anything?

Check my inbox again. 

Check the spam folder. 

Look through the thread from last year, looks like some people got their acceptance emails closer to 5pm. 

Haven't checked my inbox in ten minutes! Maybe it's there! Nothing?

Hurry back to this thread & make sure I'm not alone.

(My life the past few hours. Idk what I'll do if we don't hear back today, maybe hire a therapist)

4 minutes ago, Swiftest said:

Check inbox. 

Check my inbox again. 

Check the spam folder. 

Look through the thread from last year, looks like some people got their acceptance emails closer to 5pm. 

(My life the past few hours. Idk what I'll do if we don't hear back today, maybe hire a therapist)

You are not alone in any of this. You just summarized my life haha. Good luck!

17 minutes ago, Swiftest said:

Check inbox. 

Check my inbox again. 

Check the spam folder. 

Hahaha such an accurate representation of my life right now. I don't think we're going to hear back today at this point sooo looks like another day of this tomorrow!

22 minutes ago, MattHatter said:

You poor souls, I can’t imagine. Here I am just waiting to get an interview after submitting in July...

Me too! And I have interviewed at a few schools with someone who interviewed here this cycle so I am praying I can land an interview myself even though there is no correlation between this stuff lol. 

By the way, for folks who have already interviewed or are just in the know-- I paid and sent off my transcripts when I received my interview invitation, but have no clue now if they've reached their destination. 

Does anyone know if Duke will give you confirmation upon receiving your transcripts? I'd love to just have a sealed hard copy in hand for peace of mind but my undergrad institution is a couple hours of away.

Thanks in advance for any input! 

22 minutes ago, MattHatter said:

??? You got in invite before sending out transcripts? CASPA?

No, my CASPA grades were all verified before I could be considered to interview, etc. However, when you are invited to interview with the program they need hard copies of your transcripts and you have the option of bringing sealed hard copies in person or you can have the sealed transcripts mailed there. Does that make sense? 

6 minutes ago, owood12 said:

I'm pretty sure they told us 2 weeks, which for the Monday people would be either Friday or Monday and I believe they are evaluating the whole week (Mon-Wed) at the same time. So I think everyone from last week was supposed to hear by Monday at the latest I think.

Yeah, they told my group that they were making decisions on Friday (10/13), so I just figured we would have heard by now, especially considering the timeline in previous years. I’m trying to be as patient as possible, but that’s definitely tough haha! 

4 minutes ago, medlabscientist said:

Yeah, they told my group that they were making decisions on Friday (10/13), so I just figured we would have heard by now, especially considering the timeline in previous years. I’m trying to be as patient as possible, but that’s definitely tough haha! 

I'm right with you!

Hey ya'll don't worry!  Just because they may have had admissions meetings on Fridays doesn't mean they are necessarily making decisions on interviews.  They have so much to discuss.  Applications, the actual process, etc.  And there are so many variables at the program... different faculty have been off for surgery or other reasons, and there are many other reasons that the timeline shouldn't be compared to last year exactly...we have a new program director, and not sure if that affects anything or not.  But just know there are many moving pieces...  Between the faculty dealing with us current students :) we just had PA week and our PA service day...busy times.  I enjoyed meeting the first week of interviewees and keeping my fingers crossed for everyone.  Cheers!

I guess all my worrying and email checking this week were unwarranted! At least this means we'll definitely hear Monday? I only say this (and have only been so anxious about this this week) because at the 10/9 interview they told us that everyone, whether or not they were accepted, would hear back within 2 weeks of interviewing. But I totally understand that theres a ton to discuss/a bunch of factors that go into this process!

Archived