South University Applicants for Jan 2018 Start

31 minutes ago, ecolvard said:

Nope, nothing yet! (I interviewed the 13th). I know some people from the 11th have heard back, but I haven't seen any posts from people that interviewed on the 13th. Ugh, the waiting!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The waiting from application submission to interview invite sucks, but the waiting from interview date to acceptance SUCKS!!! Good luck! Keep us posted when you hear back! 

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply
36 minutes ago, fefe2017 said:

Everyone who interviewed, do you mind sharing how the interview went? what to expect? Did they ask any really difficult questions? 

Very laid back. Faculty was very nice. No extremely difficult questions just things you would expect and things to assess how you would be as a PA 

Anyone know how many more interviews they plan on having here?

I'm not 100% sure but when I interviewed they said they planned on interviewing around 300 people. So let's say they interview about 25 each session and they've had 4 sessions already. So I think they will most likely interview another 100 in August and then maybe also the same in September. Just my own speculations :)

Everyone who interviewed, do you mind sharing how the interview went? what to expect? Did they ask any really difficult questions? 

I second what the other member said about it being laid back. The faculty and staff went above and beyond to help ease everyone's nerves. Every part of the interview process was geared towards getting to know you. None of the questions were extremely difficult, yet they did make you think. My best advice is to be yourself and enjoy this part of the process!

On 8/3/2017 at 9:31 AM, alana.immedia said:

I second what the other member said about it being laid back. The faculty and staff went above and beyond to help ease everyone's nerves. Every part of the interview process was geared towards getting to know you. None of the questions were extremely difficult, yet they did make you think. My best advice is to be yourself and enjoy this part of the process!

Thank you! that makes me feel a bit more relieved. 

Does anybody know/heard of anything regarding South University losing its accreditation? Not the PA program, but the university as a whole. I was reading about it in the Savannah campus forum and am concerned it will include Tampa as well 

On 7/31/2017 at 9:42 AM, ecolvard said:

Nope, nothing yet! (I interviewed the 13th). I know some people from the 11th have heard back, but I haven't seen any posts from people that interviewed on the 13th. Ugh, the waiting!!!

Have you heard back yet? 

Does anybody know/heard of anything regarding South University losing its accreditation? Not the PA program, but the university as a whole. I was reading about it in the Savannah campus forum and am concerned it will include Tampa as well 

I am not sure. I think each campus holds accreditation separately. So I don't think this effects the Tampa campus. Have you tried calling the school to ask about it?

3 hours ago, alana.immedia said:

I am not sure. I think each campus holds accreditation separately. So I don't think this effects the Tampa campus. Have you tried calling the school to ask about it?

http://www.sacscoc.org/2016decActionsanddisclosurestatements/South University - BDG.pdf

"SACSCOC’s accreditation includes all components of the institution—all programs, branch campuses, off-campus sites, and distance learning programs as reported to the Commission; thus, the Probation status applies to the entire institution."

36 minutes ago, iconic said:

http://www.sacscoc.org/2016decActionsanddisclosurestatements/South University - BDG.pdf

"SACSCOC’s accreditation includes all components of the institution—all programs, branch campuses, off-campus sites, and distance learning programs as reported to the Commission; thus, the Probation status applies to the entire institution."

Thank you!

Anyone else a late applicant to this program? I got an email that my GRE scores were missing, and confirmed that they were sent through ETS. However cannot contact the program by phone or email to verify. Hoping that I at least have a shot at an interview here because this looks like an awesome program!

I emailed South Tampa in regards to the accreditation issue. Here is the response:

"The PA program has obtained full accreditation through 2027. South University is currently working to resolve some administrative concerns and have a plan in place to resolve it by the end of the late summer – early fall (Sept. – October) time frame. We do not anticipate that this will affect the PA class beginning in January 2018."

Archived