2016 - 2017 Application Cycle.

Hello everyone:

I'm a first year at UT, and was dropping by to wish everyone good luck on your interviews. I stopped by today, and saw a group of you interviewing. I won't tell you to be calm, or to relax because lets be honest, you most likely won't. Just know that I was sitting there like you last year, and have made this far in the program. If I can do it,  you all can do it. The staff at UT is the most friendly and professional you will encounter. If you have any questions let me know and I'll do my best to answer them. I saw other of my classmates posted on here, so i'm just adding to the support if you need any. 

Best of luck, and see you soon,

Leo

Hello! I'm interviewing March 24th! I'm very excited. Would you be able to shed some light on the actual interview day and what to expect? I know there are group and individual interviews and a tour. Any advice in regards to the interview? It sounds like this program is very tight knit, intense, and supportive, which I think is great!

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't want to bother the school but I feel like if we haven't heard about an interview at this point, they are just keeping us in case people deny their interviews at the last minute. otherwise I think if we haven't heard, it's probably a no. :/

I really want to call the school and ask though.  

The last time I tried getting in contact with them, all they said was "we're still reviewing applications and sending out interview invites". This wasn't too long ago either, so I suspect they would say the same at this time. I wonder if it is even worse for us peeps who come from out of state. I would at least guess that they would give us more time to arrange flights/hotels/etc. So, if the last interview is really March 31st, I would be on my tippy toes now and very close to falling off the ladder. 

Just out of curiosity, for anyone still waiting to hear back for an interview invite, did you guys receive an e-mail from them stating that your application was reviewed and you needed to re-take expired courses? This was the last communication that I actually received from the program and that was 3-4 months ago.      

If they were still reviewing applications, maybe the interviews go until April? Something doesn't add up, how can you still be reviewing applications but yet inviting people at the same time? Wouldn't the school review al applications then send out invites? This is confusing.

I emailed today and they said that they are still doing interviews and inviting candidates through the end of March. Then they will do an official denial letter in April.

So no April interviews, the candidates would only be invited for March interviews. I think you may be right that they are keeping us in case someone drops.

I have a friend at my school now who got invited to an interview at another school two days prior to the interview date because another student dropped their interview at the last minute. (He was told Wednesday to go to an interview Friday morning.) Toledo does their decisions and interviews a lot later than other schools so I think students have been accepted elsewhere in the meantime and they have to keep a handful of students as "floats" in case too many kids deny their interview or acceptance due to commiting to another school that notified them earlier. I'm just so curious to see how many applied for this cycle because last year I heard only 1,000 did where at other schools they have about 2,500 applicants. so I'm not sure how many of us are in this odd waiting period.

no I believe if you've already been denied, you wouldn't be given a last minute interview. if you were denied in the the earlier months it was due to insufficient courses, pre-reqs, hours, etc.. meaning that you don't reach their minimum for acceptance. but if you weren't denied, then you still qualify.

well looking at previous posts, the people who got interviews at the start of each month got a schedule of dates to pick from. if March is the last month of interviews, and a handful of students still haven't heard, then we are last minute/just in case interviews or else we also would have gotten that first email with schedules of dates to choose from. so we are interviewed if someone drops last minute, and we will get notified a few days prior. That's what I believe at first. it would be odd for them to give interviews to some and not offer them the monthly schedule.. it's already 2 weeks into March.

Archived