2016 - 2017 Application Cycle.

Thank you Leo! Is there something else you didn't know about the program when you were interviewed that you now know and that surprised you. Also, what is your favorite thing of the program. :) 

I have a different question. When you interviewed do they ask you very a lot of questions (are they personal, very specific, etc) or was the committee more laid back? 

It is my pleasure. I had many questions when I was in your position. To answer your first question, what surprised me the most was the similarity of the PA program to the Medical one. You will find that the same professors teaching med students are the ones teaching you the same material, just in a shorter time frame. My favorite part about the program, even though it isn't required, you have the opportunity to volunteer in several free clinics around the Toledo area. You are able to hone some skills, and are given autonomy (to an extent). Even though I have not gotten to that level, I'm excited to reach that potential at some point. I think every school has something to offer, but UTPA is the most diverse I have seen so far. No other school has come close to the diversity you will have here. I think you'll enjoy UT. Let me know if I helped.

Leo

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It is my pleasure. I had many questions when I was in your position. To answer your first question, what surprised me the most was the similarity of the PA program to the Medical one. You will find that the same professors teaching med students are the ones teaching you the same material, just in a shorter time frame. My favorite part about the program, even though it isn't required, you have the opportunity to volunteer in several free clinics around the Toledo area. You are able to hone some skills, and are given autonomy (to an extent). Even though I have not gotten to that level, I'm excited to reach that potential at some point. I think every school has something to offer, but UTPA is the most diverse I have seen so far. No other school has come close to the diversity you will have here. I think you'll enjoy UT. Let me know if I helped.

Leo

Thank you! This helps a lot, and I'm so excited to hopefully become part of the UTPA family. I will be interviewing Feb. 6th and I'm beyond nervous. Once again, I appreciate your opinion and your time Leo your the best. 

Thank you! This helps a lot, and I'm so excited to hopefully become part of the UTPA family. I will be interviewing Feb. 6th and I'm beyond nervous. Once again, I appreciate your opinion and your time Leo your the best.

I interview on the 6th as well. Sending positive thoughts your way. We are going to do amazing! :)

Hey everyone, hope all is well! Anyone interviewing Feb 17th? If so, I'll see you there!

Also, does anyone know if they accept students as they go or do they go through all the interviews and then collectively accept students in march?

They do all interviews and then let applicants know first week of may

Hey guys,

I recently interviewed on January 27th and I was told final decisions would be made anywhere between March and May. Everyone was super laid back surprisingly and the individual/group interview was pretty relaxed as well. Dr. Hogue was especially personable and candid about what she's looking for when selecting students for the next class. I think overall they're really just trying to get to know everybody better so I guess my best advice would just be genuine and show them why you're passionate about becoming a PA and why you want to attend their program. Hope everybody's interviews goes well! :)

Sincerely,

Elias

Hey guys,

I recently interviewed on January 27th and I was told final decisions would be made anywhere between March and May. Everyone was super laid back surprisingly and the individual/group interview was pretty relaxed as well. Dr. Hogue was especially personable and candid about what she's looking for when selecting students for the next class. I think overall they're really just trying to get to know everybody better so I guess my best advice would just be genuine and show them why you're passionate about becoming a PA and why you want to attend their program. Hope everybody's interviews goes well! :)

Sincerely,

Elias

Thanks for all the info Elias! Is this your first time applying? Congrats on the interview! I have mine coming up as well so maybe we'll be in the same class ;)

Thanks for all the info Elias! Is this your first time applying? Congrats on the interview! I have mine coming up as well so maybe we'll be in the same class ;)

Thanks!! Yup, this is my first and hopefully my last application cycle (keeping my fingers crossed)...I was so amazed with everything the program has to offer!  The Interprofessional Immersion Simulation Center (IISC) was especially amazing, I've never seen anything like it! The campus tour was definitely my favorite part of the interview process. Honestly, I can't imagine going to PA school anywhere else! If I don't get in this year I'm definitely reapplying for next year :)

Good luck with your interview!

-Elias

Good for you! Haven't heard back for an interview. Probably won't since they're making me take a different pre-requisite course for admission.

Don't let that deter you! When are you taking the class? I'm currently taking a prerequisite and I interviewed in January. I believe as long as you complete it before the program, you're in the clear.

Don't let that deter you! When are you taking the class? I'm currently taking a prerequisite and I interviewed in January. I believe as long as you complete it before the program, you're in the clear.

They told me to take a different pre-requisite (even though I completed the course before) to still be qualified for an interview.

I still was not offered an interview. Not even for March. So I'm taking that as a rejection since you were already interviewed with an outstanding pre-requisite.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived