2016 - 2017 Application Cycle.

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello everyone:

I'm a first year at UT, and was dropping by to wish everyone good luck on your interviews. I stopped by today, and saw a group of you interviewing. I won't tell you to be calm, or to relax because lets be honest, you most likely won't. Just know that I was sitting there like you last year, and have made this far in the program. If I can do it,  you all can do it. The staff at UT is the most friendly and professional you will encounter. If you have any questions let me know and I'll do my best to answer them. I saw other of my classmates posted on here, so i'm just adding to the support if you need any. 

Best of luck, and see you soon,

Leo 

Hello everyone:

I'm a first year at UT, and was dropping by to wish everyone good luck on your interviews. I stopped by today, and saw a group of you interviewing. I won't tell you to be calm, or to relax because lets be honest, you most likely won't. Just know that I was sitting there like you last year, and have made this far in the program. If I can do it, you all can do it. The staff at UT is the most friendly and professional you will encounter. If you have any questions let me know and I'll do my best to answer them. I saw other of my classmates posted on here, so i'm just adding to the support if you need any.

Best of luck, and see you soon,

Leo

Hi there! Do you know when the next set of interviews are?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leo,

How do you like your first year? How many hours are you in class? How many hours do you study? If you are from a different state, will Toledo allow you to move back to your home state for clinicals? Do you feel confident in the education you are receiving? Are their students in your class that didn't have as much hands in care?

Thanks!!!

Hello Oupa7878:

My first semester was hard. It was stressful and challenging. I think it is pretty standard for almost every school. We tackled Anatomy, Physiology, and other classes the first semester. It was tough, however, if you stick together as a class, and help each other out, there should be no issues succeeding. I study a lot of hours some times, while some other times I tend to procrastinate in order to blow some steam off. Overall be ready to study 7 days a week and lots of hours a day. The education we are receiving here is outstanding. You will appreciate it even more once you get into the more advance classes. That's when everything comes to full circle. We are in this phase right now.

There were many students without a great deal of hands on care per say, but we help each other overcome those issues.. We have a variety of classmates with different backgrounds in medicine. I think as long as you have a good understanding of what a PA is and what they do, you should be good. We also have military vets, I'm one of them, bringing different perspectives into the class as well. Overall I can honestly say I'm proud to be part of this class, and University. It is geared towards the student, and making sure we learn at all times. Professors will go out of their way to help students in every capacity. They only advice I would give is if you decide to be a UTPA alumni, be ready to be part of a big family. Respect for our classmates, and professors is must here. I think UT is a great choice if you ask my opinion.

Side note: I moved from Charlotte, NC with my family. I have two kids living with me, and one on the way. If I can make it, I'm sure you can also. As far as rotation sites, you can set them up with our site coordinator, and do your rotations back home as long as you have someone willing to work with you. But talk it over with program staff, they'll give you a better answer on that issue. 

Leo

When you go for your interview they give you a paper breaking down the cost of the program. I don't think is in the 100ks. I believe is less than that. Keep in mind that UT is not a private school, thus doesn't charge the same fees as the private counterparts. They have to keep the prices low. But for a more accurate answer I recommend contacting the program. 

Leo

Hey everybody!!

I will be interviewing on Friday, January 27th and I was wondering if anybody would be interested in meeting up the day before the interview? I'm flying out from Los Angeles and will most likely spend the day alone in my hotel room anxiously waiting for this interview. I figured it would be nice to maybe keep each other company for the day instead of spending the entire day stressing out all alone lol. Let me know if you're interested in hanging out or grabbing some dinner! :)

Sincerely,

Elias

When you go for your interview they give you a paper breaking down the cost of the program. I don't think is in the 100ks. I believe is less than that. Keep in mind that UT is not a private school, thus doesn't charge the same fees as the private counterparts. They have to keep the prices low. But for a more accurate answer I recommend contacting the program. 

Leo

can you please give me a relative estimate of price, I've emailed the program multiple times and they just keep saying they'll go over it at the interview, but price is going to determine if i take the interview or not

can you please give me a relative estimate of price, I've emailed the program multiple times and they just keep saying they'll go over it at the interview, but price is going to determine if i take the interview or not

I'm not certain, but some students mentioned the cost to be in the 70k-80k range. But I think tuition costs have gone up in general. It could be a slight higher. I think you should go to the interview, and ask them. I apologize, but I don't have that information.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hello Oupa7878:

My first semester was hard. It was stressful and challenging. I think it is pretty standard for almost every school. We tackled Anatomy, Physiology, and other classes the first semester. It was tough, however, if you stick together as a class, and help each other out, there should be no issues succeeding. I study a lot of hours some times, while some other times I tend to procrastinate in order to blow some steam off. Overall be ready to study 7 days a week and lots of hours a day. The education we are receiving here is outstanding. You will appreciate it even more once you get into the more advance classes. That's when everything comes to full circle. We are in this phase right now.

There were many students without a great deal of hands on care per say, but we help each other overcome those issues.. We have a variety of classmates with different backgrounds in medicine. I think as long as you have a good understanding of what a PA is and what they do, you should be good. We also have military vets, I'm one of them, bringing different perspectives into the class as well. Overall I can honestly say I'm proud to be part of this class, and University. It is geared towards the student, and making sure we learn at all times. Professors will go out of their way to help students in every capacity. They only advice I would give is if you decide to be a UTPA alumni, be ready to be part of a big family. Respect for our classmates, and professors is must here. I think UT is a great choice if you ask my opinion.

Side note: I moved from Charlotte, NC with my family. I have two kids living with me, and one on the way. If I can make it, I'm sure you can also. As far as rotation sites, you can set them up with our site coordinator, and do your rotations back home as long as you have someone willing to work with you. But talk it over with program staff, they'll give you a better answer on that issue. 

Leo

Hi Leo! I can't find on the University website if the PA program offers gross anatomy dissection. Could you tell me if they offer this in the program. Thank you. 

We do have cadaver lab. We are taught by the same professors teaching med students, and we use the same curriculum designed for our program (in the same lab). whenever you interview ask if you have a tour of the lab. It is brand new, state of the art. 

Thank you Leo! Is there something else you didn't know about the program when you were interviewed that you now know and that surprised you. Also, what is your favorite thing of the program. :) 

I have a different question. When you interviewed do they ask you very a lot of questions (are they personal, very specific, etc) or was the committee more laid back? 

Hi everyone! Will anyone else be interviewing this Friday, January 20th? It would be great to meet some of you beforehand. Also does anyone have any advice? This will be my first interview and I am beyond nervous. I just don't know what to expect. Good luck to you all!

Archived