2016-2017 Application Cycle

It's been 7 weeks since I submitted my application. Does anyone recommend I reach out to admissions or Michael? I checked the online application system and there wasn't an update. I'm just anxious and curious why I haven't heard anything yet. This is my number 1 choice for school and I feel so helpless!

Well in the email I received it said it would take 4 to 6 weeks for review to hear back on my application . If I were you I would give him a call and just explain your concern with the timeline it couldn't hurt. Best of luck.

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Got my interview invite today! I was given four interview dates from which I could choose my top three. I chose September 27th, November 1st, and November 8th. 

For those who are interested, here is the timeline of my application process:

July 2nd - CASPA app submitted

July 12th - Supplemental app invite/e-mail

July 19th - Supplemental app submitted

July 19th - Confirmation e-mail for receipt of supplemental app (e-mail stated it would take 4-6 weeks for faculty review process and notification of admissions decision)

July 29th - Invitation for interview e-mail

So basically it took 10 days from when I submitted my supplemental app to when I got my interview invite. Hope this helps! :-)

Has anyone passed the 4-6 weeks they said it would take for a decision to be made and not heard anything? I got the email saying I will be under review and can anticipate a response in 4-6 weeks on June 27, so about one more week until we are at that 6 weeks....

I'm at 9 weeks..I also called but never received a call back so I'm not sure what's going on.

I am also in the same boat of where I am not rejected, but no word on interviews. So I called and spoke with Michael, and he told me that he was going to send us "limbo" people an email hopefully this week saying our application is on hold. Meaning the director doesn't want to send us a rejection, but wants to see the other batches of applicants to compare. He said crazy things happen all the time, so don't loose hope! I obviously can't say everyone who has not heard anything yet is in this limbo stage, but my assumption is that could be the case if you haven't heard anything. I would keep trying to call to get a status update. Hope this helps!

Does anyone know why there are no interview sessions in October? I also got my invite yesterday!

October is a crazy month. The 1st 2 weeks they have the 2017s and 2018s in finals and then they are gone for intercession from the last 2 weeks of the month.

The last 2 weeks they are also graduating the class of 2016 who come back for finals and board reviews before graduating the 1st weekend of November and then they are also finalizing rotations for the class of 2017 who start rotations across the country November 1st.

I just received an email saying "it's not an interview invite but it's not a rejection" and that they will be relooking at my application again at the end of September during their last/next review. So it sounds like I'm right in the middle where they don't want to reject me yet, but are waiting out for better applications. Mixed feelings.

But they also said end of September is when they'll officially send out all interview invites/interview waitlist/rejections.

I hope others heard better news!

I just received an email saying "it's not an interview invite but it's not a rejection" and that they will be relooking at my application again at the end of September during their last/next review. So it sounds like I'm right in the middle where they don't want to reject me yet, but are waiting out for better applications. Mixed feelings.

But they also said end of September is when they'll officially send out all interview invites/interview waitlist/rejections.

I hope others heard better news!

Cam I ask what your stats are?

Hey all! Did anyone who received an interview hear around the 4-6 week mark? Or was it relatively quickly after your application was verified by touro? Thanks!

Confirmation of supplemental application on July 5th. Interview invite on July 15th. 

Shear speculation, but I'm of the impression that applications are reviewed in chunks and some of these quick interview invites just happen to be fortunate timing. I think mine was one of those instances. 

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone have any more insight into this program? The website is pretty sparse and I'm debating if I should attend my interview. I did read last year's application thread and it seems to be well-liked so that's always a good sign.

I'm a graduate from TUN (2015). ask your questions and I'll answer them.

I'm a graduate from TUN (2015). ask your questions and I'll answer them.

Hi Timon. I saw your posts in last year's threads and thought they were insightful, especially the one about the schedule. Some questions I have are:

1. Anatomy lab - how long is it and do PA students do a full cadaver dissection or are prosected cadavers used?

2. Do PA students take classes with students in other programs?

3. Is there a final thesis/master's research project or similar?

4. Is there a tutoring service if we need it?

5. Are there clubs and activities on campus for students to partake in to get involved?

6. Are lectures recorded so that we can rewatch/listen later?

7. What is the general feeling of the students - supportive, competitive, keep to themselves, etc.?

8. What aspects of TUN's PA program make it special/stand out amongst others?

I understand if that is too many questions to answer but anything would be helpful. Thanks!!

Hey I just interviewed here like a month ago and had a lot of the same questions so I'll share some answers! The anatomy lab is done with the use of prosected cadavers just because there's not enough time to dissect our own, the DO program is the only one that dissects their own cadaver. They said for the most part our classes out on our own, there are some interdisciplinary things but as far as classes go it's pretty separate. I do not believe their is a final thesis for the PA program, just for the MHS degree. There is a tutoring service, it's called the Oasis and it seems to be very helpful! Students can tutor any subject they have a B or better in and get paid $15/ hour through federal work study. There are tons of clubs and activities on campus! At the interview they give you a whole list of all the organizations currently on campus and said if there's something you don't see, feel free to start your own! They also told us about the annual rivalry basketball game between TUN and the Touro in California so that's really fun! From what I remember, the lectures are recorded so you can go back and rewatch them or catch up if you misse class to go out on the mobile clinic. According to the students, the vibe is very laid back and supportive, it's not a cut throat type of program! They all really help each other out. Hopefully that helps some! I was super impressed with this program when I interviewed here last month and am definitely hoping to be accepted!

Archived